Back pain after miscarriage

LisaJ30

Reaction score
I unfortunately lost our baby last Saturday but since then i have been still cramping but i have also had painful backache and pain.I've been taking Aleeve or Ibuprofen but doens't seem to do too much and i tried to go back to work yesterday but couldn't make it any longer i had to come home.
Has anyone else had this happen to them? I'm worried to return back to work on Sunday as i still feel the pain.

Hello
So sorry for your loss.. The same happened to me 4 days ago.. Be that as it may, I have a consistent serious spinal pain now (from the time miscarriage was completed)... I'm on medications too, however these don't appear to help. The agony here and there stretches out from my lower back to my knees. I don't have any fever.. I'm afraid to contact the doctor, cause I don't want to hear the worst...

Does the pain leave sooner or later? Should I go to the doctor? Thanks.

Hi,
So sorry to hear of your losses. I also miscarried last week, the bleeding is easing up now, but I too have really bad backache which radiates down one leg.

The midwife said I have a retroverted uterus which means the pain is often felt in the back. There was still some tissue that needed to pass that they found in the scan. She said the uterus will still be contracting to try and get the last bits out so that is probably where the pain comes from. I'm also really gassy and bloated (she said that will be the hormones settling down).

She said it could carry on for another couple of weeks but it's all normal.

Hope you feel better soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->