• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Back pain during ovulation means cysts? Anyone else?

jessthemess

Reaction score
Backstory: I have PCOS and never ovulated or had many cycles without Clomid before I got pregnant with DD #1.

Now I've had three actually regular for once cycles since I stopped breastfeeding and every single cycle I've gotten annoying lower back pain, like a dull achy pain, around ovulation.

This month we are TTC #2, I'm on 100mg of Clomid, and I woke up with that dull achy back, lo and behold, this afternoon, positive OPK! I googled lower back pain during ovulation and I saw a site mentioning the possibility of cysts as the culprit :( Now I'm sad! And while I have PCOS I've never actually had abnormal cysts, even at follicular ultrasounds in the past I haven't had the typical PCOS cysts.

SO IM wondering, does anyone else get lower back pain around ovulation, do you think it means cyst? :(

Ovarian cysts are not necessarily anything sinister, and unless it was specifically cited as definite on a reliable source (not just some random website) then I really wouldn't consider it worth worrying about. Put down the Dr Google :haha:

I have (had?) PCOS too and on a scan, had cysts upon my cysts - big black rings of them completely covering both ovaries, because what was happening was that a cyst was forming to receive the egg, but an egg was never being released and as the next part of the cycle didn't come, the cyst just stayed there. I was averaging about one or two periods a year and had no ovulation symptoms to warn me. Pregnancy seems to have fixed it as my hormones are normal now and while cycles aren't text book, they are fairly regular, if a bit longer than most.

A lot of women get ovulation pains. I wouldn't worry about it.

I don't personally get back pain in my ovulation pains, mostly just cervix shifting pings and pain around ovaries... Back ache is generally cause by swelling pushing on lower discs and such... That may be cyst related or not but like said above cysts are not a big deal unless getting them instead of ovulating or they are causing bad pains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"