Back pain :(

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Tink84, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Tink84

Tink84 Mummy to 1

Hi I'm new to the forum and expecting my first child.

By my dates I'm 12wks and 2 days and have a dating scan on Friday. However since last monday (so a week now) I have been in serious pain with my back. I'm not one to make a fuss but really struggling to move with the pain. Tried to contact my midwife but still waiting for her to return my call.

I don't like to waste doctors time but I can't continue with the pain much longer. I'm up all night with it too. A warm bath will ease it for the duration of the bath but that is all.

Anyone else suffered this early on?

Or should I just book a doctors appointment?

Have to say don't have much faith in my midwife but only had one appointment with her so waiting to see how things go before asking to change.

2. babydoll06

babydoll06 Well-Known Member

I don't have an answer for you but I'm definately in the same boat & I'd like to see what others have to say. Mine started at the beginning of my 11th week and has gotten REALLY uncomfortable. I asked my doctor about it today and he said its normal. Could just be the position of baby and to soak in warm baths & take tylenol... I never went through this with my first though.