Back to back on BCP

C

Crypto1976

I quite often used to back to back on the bcp, with the agreement of my gp. My cycle went back to normal immediately and I was pregnant first cycle, although it was ectopic and I am now in my 6mth trying again.

Does anyone know if this affects pregnancy in anyway? Thanks. XX

I quite often used to back to back on the bcp, with the agreement of my gp. My cycle went back to normal immediately and I was pregnant first cycle, although it was ectopic and I am now in my 6mth trying again.

Hi Crypto,
I'm sorry to hear about your eptopic.
I don't really know the answer to your question, but I wouldn't have thought it would affect your pregnancy. I'd have thought that your doc would have warned you about the risks, if it was dangerous.
I could be totally wrong though.
Good luck ttc.
x

im not exactly sure what you mean...do you mean that you skip the sugar pills and jump right to the next pack to avoid your period?

my doctor wanted to do this with me see if this would take my pain away...tho i refused.

i know many woman that do it...tho it doesnt sound like a healthy thing to do..nor do i agree with BC pills in the first place but thats another story :p

my doc told me to do this, but she also told me that my body really wouldnt be cycling on its own by doing it. it was strictly the pills doing it so it really didnt have a benefit to me other than feeling "normal" by having a period. So we decided to come off of everything ( i was on bc and an extra hormone ) and "see what happends". I didnt have a period for 2 months. Then all a sudden :witch: graced me again and have had fairly normal cycles since. Still no :baby: but hopefully this will be the month :)

I used to run 3 packs back to back and then have a period, then do another 3...
I've never been told it could affect TTC or pregnancy, my Dr. knew I used to do it because I had very painful periods. It was the nurse who suggested it x

I was actually asking this from a positive point of view. There is a school of thought that this preserves the eggs, as you are loosing less from the finite number that you are born with. Many gynaes advocate this. Incidentally the pill manufacturers only suggest the 7 day break to generate a bleed, this was purely for marketing purposes and not for scientific reasons. When the did their market research many women said they would not "feel like a woman".

I had no problem getting my cycle back nor getting pregnant in the first place. I maybe worded my question ambiguously as I had an ectopic as I had a kink in my abnormally large tubes.....

XXXX

As the pill is stopping you from ovulating anyway I can't see why it would make a difference? x

I wish I had an answer, but know next to nothing about birth control. The only thing I've read is that taking the pills without the bleed can sometimes lead to uterine hyperplasia where the lining just keeps growing and eventually the cells can go all abnormal and become cancerous. I don't know how common it is, but that's what the internet told me when I tried to look up an answer to my own question!

I don't mean to derail at all... but I have question specifically about birth control and it seems like you are all WAY more experienced with it than I am.

I took 5 days of birth control but I didn't react to it very well... specifically I was incredibly angry at the world all the time. I was given permission to discontinue using it and take Provera to instigate a withdrawal bleed. BUT! Wouldn't the 5 days of birth control be enough to cause the withdrawal bleeding anyway? Or, am I talking crazy?

If I have to take Provera to get my bleed, then I get set back 5 days for my Clomid. If I don't take the Provera and don't get the bleed from the BCP, then I'm set back about 8-9 days for Clomid. BUT! If I get my withdrawal bleed from the BCP, then I get to be ahead by 5 days for my Clomid. Since I have an appointment at the fertility clinic on Sept 23, those 5 days could be crucial. If I don't take the Provera and don't bleed, I'll be almost 2 weeks behind where I would be if the BCP cause the bleed.

Does that make sense? Should I have just started a new thread? I'm confused... sorry!

I often used to go back to back, often going 3-4 months without a break. I got pregnant after 3 cycles TTC & so far so good, everything is fine. Dont know if my story is typical or not but we seemed to conceive relatively easily.

Hi Megg33k, I know some people need to try a variety of bcp before they find one that works.

I wasnt ever on BCP for contraception but I had hormonal imbalance for my skin, and the lack of period when back to backing was an added bonus.

I am starting clomid myself next month to trigger ov from the "good" side with a tube. I know nothing of provera I'm afraid.

Good luck XXXX

Oh! I'm not trying to find a BCP that works for me! My ob/gyn wanted me to take a month of it before my appointment with the fertility clinic. But, I wasn't able to tolerate it. The Provera is just a progesterone supplement pill that will induce a withdrawal bleed after you finish taking it. It just seems that since BCP are hormones and the week of sugar pills give a withdrawal bleed for people, that maybe the 5 days on it would do that same thing. But, I'm not sure if it does or not. *sighs* I guess I should take my Provera and shut up! LOL :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->