Back to quare one :-(

spelbound

Reaction score
Sooooo.....

Having thought we'd decided on a name (Lilian) we've played around with it and have decided to change it. As you all know I recently had a brain tumor removed and a side effect of that is that I lost my hearing in my left ear - that means I can't distinguish some words apart, like Ian (my name) and Lilian. Its going to cause endless problems we can see.

So in frustration we are open to suggestions for a name. We'd prefer to be acceptable in english, but be sort of Polish sounding. Any idea?

could you not try and work around the name lilian like maybe lilly xx
sorry u havent got any better ideas hun xx

I have no idea what names are Polish sounding at all, but, I can offer you our girls names we had tossed around early on in the pregnancy.... but... as it turns out we're having a little boy who's being named William.

Elyse
Tullulah
Madeline

Good luck with everything anyway!

I really like the name Isabelle or maybe Isabella? try some of the baby name websites, there are some that you can search on for names from different countries (I think if I remember rightly)

i have no idea on any names but i hope you find the perfect name for your little princess soon

Im not sure if this is Polish sounding either but..
Maggie, Cecilia, Julia, Betty, Rose, Yasmine, Laura, Debra
good luck.. i dont have a name yet either so i guess we're in the same boat LOL

I like the name Maya? I work with a Polish lady who is called Maya, but I think she spells is Maja?? I may have that wrong though.

I know a beautiful polish girl called Kamilla!!!??

Hmmm i like Kamilla i think thats really pretty!!

Hope you both manage to find one you like!!

I like the name Maya? I work with a Polish lady who is called Maya, but I think she spells is Maja?? I may have that wrong though.

lol if it is spelt Maja then you are likely pronouncing it wrong, it wouldn't be the same at Maya...

My moms side of the family is polish :)

Magdelena is such a pretty name, you could call her Maggie for short and it isn't too hard to say?

I love to help pick out names.........
It might help you guys to go on a name site....turn your head and have your OH say the name......

here's a few of my fav's
Sasha
Misha
Sara
Kayla

You may want to use names with different letters then your own name...easier to decifer.

Thanks guys. Aneta (Amy) says that Maya would be spelled Maja in Polish but still pronounced the same as in English. Sasha and Misha are names in themself (actually Russian ones), but they are often the short form (tender) of longer names. Personally I like Misha as I'm a Russian speaker, but my OH doesn't.

We tried the sites, but tbh some Polish names are just so damn weird like Stanislawa (pronounced Stan-is-wa-va).

We are toying with Nahdia now, but I need to play with it for a few days to see how it feels.

how about krysia (short for krystina)
ewa (pronounced eva)
ala ( short for alicija) not sure of spelling on that one
dorota
monika
katarzyna
ewelina (pronounced evelina)
agnieska

i like ..
Klaudia
Klemantyna (could be shortened to Klemmie/Clemmie)
Rayna (girl living near me has this name, very pretty)
Tesia (Tess for short)
Zofia
hope you find one soon :) x

We tried the sites, but tbh some Polish names are just so damn weird like Stanislawa (pronounced Stan-is-wa-va).

My great-aunt is named Stanislawa... But we had an english way of saying it :D I always thought it was pretty.

I dont knwo the polish spelling, but theres a person at my work called katarina

I like Katarina and Anya :)

I dont think either are very Polish sounding though? >.<

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back