Back to the same old problems

fifi-folle

C (7/11) & C (10/12)
Reaction score
Looks like tongue tie snip wasn't enough.
DS has had the cold for over 3 weeks and I put his fussy bf'ing down to this but DH and I suddenly realised that DS had stopped sticking his tongue out. This makes us think it's his tongue tie but I'm looking for any other suggestions.

Recap:
  • took til day 10 to get latched on
  • would only feed with nipple shield
  • reflux diagnosed at 5 wks on omeprazole susp
  • poor weight gain
  • posterior tt snipped at 8 wks
  • now feeding without nipple shield
  • good weight gain til 3 weeks ago (13wks)
  • past 3 weeks he's been switching sides really quickly, I've been doing switch nursing
  • past week we've had a reduction in the number of wet nappies but fine dirty ones (occasional green one but put that down to cold/teething)

What do you think? We have an appt with paed dentist who snipped his tt but not til Tues. I'm currently back on fenugreek, giving him ebm a couple of times a day (or formula and pumping) as he's screaming after feeding and it looks like that's cause he's still hungry. I know about growth spurts etc but I cannot get him to stay on the boob except when he's really sleepy/asleep.

I really am miserable about this, he's clearly hungry but won't feed properly. I cry with every bottle he has. It's not what I wanted and I'm scared that if the tt isn't needing further snipping that I'll just have to switch him to ff. I know all that matters is that he is fed but my rational brain isn't working at the minute.

So sorry you're going through this hun. It makes me realise how lucky i am. My baby has tongue tie and is getting it snipped in january but it has never interfered with his feeding. It seems to me that you are a brilliant, caring mum who has done everything in your power to try to breast feed and give the baby the best start. I think you should give yourself a big pat on the back as you have given the baby that amazing start. Whatever you do now, you have provided him with a great immune system for life because of the BF. Many mums never even try BF, well done you for persevering. I think you could move onto FF with pride, if thats what is needed. Good luck xxx

Thank you, my Mum has said the exact same thing. It's just so diffecult to accept. The pumping and fenugreek seem to be working a bit but I'm still having to supplement

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->