Back to work on Monday :(

pigginteacher

Mum of 2
Reaction score
Just looking for a bit of sympathy, can't believe my maternity leave is over already, it has gone so fast. I'm really not looking forward to leaving my LO, although she has spent time with her childminder but only half a day and now I'm going to be leaving her all day :cry: I know I'll be fine, but it's just the thought xx

I'm with you all the way! I go back to work in 2 weeks time, having only 11 weeks off. Not looking forward to it at all...... Sniff, sniff x

I'm also a teacher and back on Monday :( Seemed a good idea when I was still pregnant...
DS has spent the morning with the childminder a couple of weeks ago and was fine, just me then...
I think the tought of leaving LO all day is worst than the reality (I hope anyway).
Not long til the summer holidays:thumbup:

:flower:

Well im not off for that long...going back in October. I am also a teacher but because im from scotland my holidays begin at the end of this month..not that it makes any difference to me as im off on mat leave anyway.
I remember when i went back with my other children. You get used to it. The first day is the hardest. Are you jobshare? I find that working only 3 days a week is a happy medium. My dd will be about 5 months when i go back to work. My dh will look after the kids though as he has flexible working. Goodluck. Im sure part of you will enjoy it. x

Hi, just wanted to say that I went back to work the other week and I built it up so much in my head that I was just dreading it!! But....it hasn't been too bad and it's actually quite nice to have a bit of Mummy time without being Mummy if you know what I mean :) xx

Good luck, hope it goes well.

Let us know how you get on. I am due back in sept and dreading it already :( xxx

I hope it all goes well.I had mixed feelings about going back to work -i now do 2.5 days per week.Mostly it has been good! The relly good thing about going back (besides the obvious money reason) is that i enjoy my day off so much more now-i truly appreciate my precious time with LO, whereas before i kind of took being off for granted. Good luck, you will both be fine xx

I'm a teacher too and go back July 4th for 3 weeks then summer hols woo! Evan is going to his CM once a week now to make it a bit easier x

:hugs:

If you are anything like me, its the anticipation of going back that is the worst. Once you are there, hopefully all will be fine xx

Are you jobshare? I find that working only 3 days a week is a happy medium. x

i'm going back full time, initially, then job sharing in sept. I think this is why I am more apprehensive, the thought of leaving her all day five days a week makes me feel so sad. Will be much happier when I'm doing 3 days. Plus I'm not going back to my usual year grp, so I'm fretting over that too, I'm not sleeping well thinking about what I have to do with them etc x

Good luck. I'm back on 4th July for the three weeks leading up to the summer, then P/T in September. I feel quite sick about it all too. We'll have to get cracking with bump number 2 so we can have another year off! xxx

Just looking for a bit of sympathy, can't believe my maternity leave is over already, it has gone so fast. I'm really not looking forward to leaving my LO, although she has spent time with her childminder but only half a day and now I'm going to be leaving her all day :cry: I know I'll be fine, but it's just the thought xx

I know exactly how you feel - I go back on Mon too :cry: Harri has had a few settling in sessions with his nursery but it'll be the first time i've left him for more than 3 hours!

PM me if you fancy a chat about things :flower: p.s, I take it you're a teacher (me too) - what do you teach? x

Sounds like going back fulltime until September is a popular choice (full time pay over the summer:happydance:). I'm dropping down to 4 days in September.

I teach Technology in a secondary school. DS has been to his childminder for a morning whilst I went into work and was fine. I work with nice people, so I'm sort of looking forward to seeing everyone, just not the being away from DS part.

I know exactly how you feel - I go back on Mon too Harri has had a few settling in sessions with his nursery but it'll be the first time i've left him for more than 3 hours!
Me too mrssuggy2b on the more than 3 hours thing. I just wish Mondays weren't meeting days - won't get home till late.

I'm an English teacher in a secondary school and going back full time from tomorrow... I'm dreading it as I've got some awful groups! Plus (and I know primary teachers won't have any sympathy...) I won't gain any time from exam classes leaving as I've been away since Oct halfterm and therefore haven't been given exam groups this year.

I'm sure it'll be ok after a while, but I'm really not looking forward to getting up at the crack of dawn to sort me and little one out!

Good luck to all working mummies out there!

awww hun sending lots of:hugs::hugs::hugs: i hope every hour your at work goes quickly :thumbup: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->