Back with #2 after surprise bfp!

AussieBub

Mum to 2DD & 1DS
Reaction score
Hey ladies, I'm cautiously back with baby bean number 2! I've been on an emotional roller coaster for the past month and a half but I finally got my bfp, which I'd convinced myself I wouldn't get. Here's why:

My last AF was technically September 16th and that made my next AF due date; Oct 17th. However, AF didn't come. I tested and tested but only ever got bfn's. Then on Oct 30th I started bleeding. It looked like a failed pregnancy. The bleeding lasted 5.5 days and was very abnormal as it alternated between heavy and light (but mostly light). I was still having uterus stretching and nausea though so I went to a gp who did a urine test and told me I wasn't pregnant.

Anyway, skipping forward to the 18th of November, I had a little bit of red blood when I wiped myself after a toilet trip. I was very confused as it appeared my AF was going to start 12 days early. However there was no more blood after that. DH thought I was still pregnant and that the doctor was wrong because I'd been so hormonal. He asked me to take a test in the morning just to put his mind at rest.

Well, I woke up at 3am busting to pee (which I never do) so I figured, since I know im not pregnant, what harm can taking a test at 3am do? 20 mins later I finally get out of bed and grabbed a test, trying not to wake DH as I go. Annoyingly my DD woke up and began screaming the place down. DH cuddled her and called out if I was ok. I just said yeah, I just had to pee real bad. He didn't know I was standing there watching the digital screen flash as I waited for my bfn. I gave up waiting and headed for the bathroom door when suddenly the screen changed and the word PREGNANT appeared in the test window. I stopped dead in my tracks and screamed OH MY GOD! DH from the other room shouted out alarmed "What?!" But all I could do was repeat myself, Oh my god! Oh my god! I pushed open the bathroom door and there was DH standing in the bedroom doorway, holding our DD and I just held the test up and sputtered the words "It's positive, I'm pregnant." In disbelief he immediately grabbed his phone and took a photo of the test. We both just stood there shell shocked, staring at the test. Finally he looked at me and said "I knew it!" I had to sit down, I was shaking. He immediately started talking about getting everything ready for the baby and I grabbed my phone out and checked dates.

We hadn't DTD since Oct 4th so we knew I had to have caught the ovulation after my Sept 16th AF. That meant I was about 9 weeks pregnant! That made it so much harder to believe because apart from being super hormonal and the occasional headache, I hadn't had any real pregnancy symptoms since the Oct 30th-Nov 5th bleed. I am still having trouble believing it. We were ttc but with the doctor telling us no and the period like bleed, 13 days late, it's just hard to believe it to be real. We have a doctors appointment booked for this afternoon but I am so scared of it being a false positive.

I've only told my mums group and they all say its not likely a false positive. A digital test, with first pee of the day, this late on...definitely going to be a real positive. I guess I won't believe it til I see the baby in a scan. It's been over 24 hours now and it still hasn't sunk in. I'm still in shock. It was a massive surprise bfp!

So that's why I'm cautiously here. I keep thinking that if I start to believe it, like I did when I was 12 days late, then it'll all get ripped away and I'll be left devestated again. If it is real though, I'm looking at a June baby! Still can't believe I'm actually back here again. I'm both over the moon with happiness but equally scared it's my body playing some cruel, twisted joke on me.

https://i57.tinypic.com/2relaab.jpg

- AussieBub

Looks like the real deal! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!!!

Thanks. It still doesn't seem real to me yet lol.

- AussieBub

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->