back wtt for number 2

itsnowmyturn

Reaction score
I was here a while back, probably not many of the ladies here that I remember from back in 2013 (wow that long!!)
I didn't post much in the ttc forums I missed the laid back wtt forum and ttc was all about cycles and symptoms, no general chit chat.
I have just restarted my old pathetic wtt journal....all 2 posts of it, hopefully this time I can do it properly. I have a ttc journal that also pretty much doubled up as a pregnancy one and sort of a little bit of a parenting one, although I will start one of them soon, the link is at the bottom of my signature if anyone wants to take a gander at what's happened over the last year n half! (still can't believe it's been that long)

Well nothing important to say other than hi again!!

hi welcome back
am back to waiting to try for 3rd had my 2nd August 2014.
hoping to start end of this yr
how long are u waiting for?

I'm hoping to start trying again early 2016 but it all depends on work n if I can get on a secondment or not. I hated being pregnant but had a really easy labour n now I miss my bump n feeling her wiggle n just generally being pregnant, minus the crappy bits of it.

Hello and welcome back! I am also waiting for #2 until next year. It is crazy how much you miss being pregnant! I had a wonderful pregnancy and it was hard for the first couple months to not have a bump. Eventually that will go away...until baby fever gets you again ;) Do you think you just want one more or would you like a bigger family?

I always said I wanted 4 but while I was pregnant I said 2 only, now I'm saying 2 or 3 lol. Need to get a bigger car with 4 lol, I'm mostly thinking of the practicalities of more that there's childcare costs and getting them to school etc while I'm still working, I no it sounds daft but I think the more kids I had the less worthwhile it would be to work....I really don't no how ppl do it!!

My bump literally went the second I had her,I was all baby so didnt even have a little bit of a bump left, I lost 16lb that day lol. I was lucky I never had anything dangerous in my pregnancy but I had all the other stuff like pregnancy insomnia, had endometriosis pains for the first 10 weeks, had some vomiting but not too much, had rhinitis of pregnancy so had a blocked nose for about 6 months altogether, I had spd too. Just enough stuff together to make it feel like 9 months of being ill.

I'm starting to really miss being pregnant and getting exceptionally broody. I'm back on the pill but even though I'm ebf I had a period already :-(

The house is coming along nicely, sophies room is almost done just furniture n pictures to sort then it's done and once she's sleeping through the night she can start sleeping in there.

I'm thinking of coming off the pill in December and starting to try again in January when sophie will be 1. Not sure if oh will agree but I can't see him saying no because he's going to be 34 this year n I think he's keen to get the baby stages out the way before he's 40

I don't think I could be pregnant and have sophie at this age were constantly at the drs n other appointments n stuff so I'm plenty busy enough

i remember you! congrats on your little girl! :pink:

Hey INMT:wave:

We're both on the January Jellybeans group!
Nice to know I'm not the only one feeling broody! I'm the same, most of my pregnancy was terrible with spd, morning sickness and more!, but I miss being pregnant!!

I never felt this way after my 1st!
As you might remember, we also bought a house recently and there's enough room for 1 more,so we might just give it a go.

Hope Sophie is doing okay!

Hi callmedan I remember u too, have u.been waiting all this time? U must be going Mad!! Not long left now though!!

Wildchic I don't no what it is, I hated being pregnant (was obviously very grateful for it) but I was saying it would take me ages to psyc myself up to get pregnant again but I don't think I will, if I thought I cud cope with night feeds and being pregnant then night feeds and a 1 year old I'd be tempted but I'd also prefer my body to have a chance to recover.
Yeah I remember u moved, I thought u were as mad as me, we're now in a 4 bed so could easily have 3 babies and either let them have a room each or 2 Cud share and have a guest room, got to convince oh that 3 is ok first, but let's get number 2 out of the way lol

Yeah, I too have to see how dh feels about having another, since we just had twins. But when I mentioned that I'm broody he agreed that the girls are so cute and he wouldn't mind another. So its all in the air at the moment. I would want to first stop breastfeeding first coz feeding 2babies is no joke! Also, I'm not working, so have to sort that out!

The house we bought also has 4 bedrooms, our room,dd1's room,the twins room & The guest room which can go for the last child.

I'll see in a few months if I feel the same!

Yeah having twins can't be easy! And as for breastfeeding both of them....well just change ur name to wonder woman!! It's hard enough feeding 1.

I think oh is pretty set on just the 2 but I always wanted 4 it was only in my pregnancy I decided 4 would be too much, plus with ohs age I don't think we'd fit 4 in before he came to an age he wouldn't want any new ones. I too want to stop breastfeeding before I get pregnant again, I couldn't be doing with if, iv already started freezing breast milk today so I can build a stock up to use when I go back to work then il slowly dry my supply up expressing but I do 13 hour shifts at work n sometimes do nights so would want her to be off the breast by then and just having expressed through a bottle so I have more work flexibility.

Wow, 13 hour shifts! How will you manage when you back? How old will your LO be?
I found it hard going back after dd1. This is why I stopped working also financially, it would be a waste honestly!

I initially just wanted 1, then started TTC when we got married in 2012 and got 2 and of cause now will settle for 4!

She will be around 8 months old, I have to go back for 3 months or they will take some of my maternity pay off me so I will use it as a trial run as to whether we can afford it or not, oh will do the childcare runs on my working days and il try to get set shifts so maybe doing Sunday so oh can have a day with just baby together, Friday as will only mean a half day childcare and then one week day so will only need a day and half childcare all together, however I believe the real issues start when they start school because they have 6 weeks off in the summer and the other various holidays they get will just make it really difficult to get childcare, plus would need childcare after school because of working hours. It's a minefield out There!! The problem I have is that I don't think I could afford to not work, with the mortgage and my car payment and bills etc I just don't think it would be feasible to not wor. I need my manager to be really flexible for me but obviously they are limited on how flexible they can be for each individual.
I'm really hoping I fall pregnant quite quickly so I will have only been back at work for a few months by the time I'm pregnant again.
I would hate to have to give up work, having a job means a lot to me and working in the nhs is something I want to keep doing. Maybe I just need to look at how many hours I work but it's so complex I don't even no where to start, like what money would we be entitled to if I worked less, not much Really!! What really pisses me off is ppl who rent get help if they are on certain benefits etc but ppl with a mortgage get no help at all.

I'm starting on a rant now so il stop lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"