Backache after sleeping, anyone?

M

mom2be10

Hi, I am new here (used to lurk around and read a lot and then finally decided to set up an account haha). I am 11 weeks and 5 days today and I have some lower backache after getting up in the morning today. It doesn't feel like cramps or anything just soreness. I also noticed that I feel better when I am standing. Does anybody else have this?

I have read about backache during late second and third trimesters, so I am a bit concerned that I am experiencing it this early. I had an ultrasound at exactly 11weeks, and my LO looks fine, jumping around and very active. Heart rate was 171bpm. So, I am hoping this is something related to pregnancy symptoms and that little baby is fine in there.

I get this but my daughter sleeps in my bed with me so she cuddles up to me all night so that I end up in one position on a tiny bit of mattress!! I am a wriggler when I sleep so find it hard not moving 😁

Im 11 weeks and my lower back is killing me today. But it has been bothering me more then just today, but only after sleeping. Its bothersome, but normal and I was told I could take Tylenol.

The higher level of progesterone in your system from pregnancy causes all your ligaments to become looser so you are more likely to strain yourself. I get this when I co sleep with my toddler too and its from not moving enough. You are probably in a deep sleep so straining it. If its really bad try a warm hot water bottle (not v.hot bath) and paracetamol (no ibuprofen).

Thanks ladies. This is baby#1 for me, so my backache is coming on its own. I do tend to deep sleep, so I am not sure how much I move around in my sleep. I only get up once for the restroom but otherwise I am in a deep deep sleep. The pain is not so much that I need to a tylenol yet, hopefully it stays that way but it is bothersome. I plan to keep some extra pillows tonight to see if that will help.

I've had backache , but I have scoliosis do this is normal for me . Unfortunately I literally dislocated a rib coughing!!! Yes you can do that ! So my side has been aching like crazy as I try to sleep, it's hard to fall asleep when it hurts so much to turn over , and I like to sleep on my stomach but at 6 weeks this already feels weird so I can only imagine how much more difficult sleep is going to get.

I go to the chiropractor and massage therapy to help , and will probably go more frequently during pregnancy. I also plan to get a full body pillow to help me sleep on my side as my belly grows.

I've woken up with backache several times during this pregnancy - usually when I went to bed too early so was lying down for a long time. It would ease off within about 30-60 mins after getting up. I could probably do with doing some exercise :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->