Bacterial vaginosis

Zou

Reaction score
Hi

I was swabbed for this last week and the results have come back that I have BV. I was really hoping I wouldn't as I don't want to take antibiotics really. Anyway I pick up my prescription tomorrow and as I really don't trust my doctor at all I wanted a heads up on what any other ladies had been prescribed when they had it.

Thank you!

I'm sorry hun... I had that several years ago, no fun!!!! BUT- it is good your getting the meds now so it doesn't get worse. I can't recall off hand exactly what I took that time- I do remember it was a larger pill I only had to take maybe a few times??? Or it may have only been once? I've had several UTI's over the years- and so I've been prescribed just about everything you can think of at one time or another!

If you have concerns, just ask the pharmacist when you pick up your RX. They can even look info up for you if needed. If only to ease your mind ;)

All will be just fine I'm sure :hugs:

I had it when I was around 15 weeks and I was prescribed Flagyl (metrodonziade or something!!)

I took 2 tablets a day for 7 days. Really didn't want to but everything was okay afterwards. xx

I was giving suppository antibiotics for mine for three days, it was a cream. No pills. I can look to see what it was, if you want.

I had a 7 day course of metronidazole. x

Idk why but i get Bv more often than other ladies.I've had it a few time's during this pregnancy. i have a standing script i guess you could say for a vaginal gel all my doctor's have approved of. best of luck. and it's always better to treat stuff like that early opposed to letting it fester. my ob said that any disturbance down there could send you into early labor

I was giving suppository antibiotics for mine for three days, it was a cream. No pills. I can look to see what it was, if you want.

That would be great if you don't mind :) thanks for the replies. I just hate the idea of taking tablets and don't trust the doctor who has prescribed them at all (when I went to see her she refused to do a swab and I've only found out I have bv after being in a lot of pain and going to hospital).

That would be great if you don't mind :) thanks for the replies. I just hate the idea of taking tablets and don't trust the doctor who has prescribed them at all (when I went to see her she refused to do a swab and I've only found out I have bv after being in a lot of pain and going to hospital).

I was put on clindamycin phosphate vaginal cream. It comes with enough for seven days but my doctor only had me use it three days. Can you see a different doctor? It sounds like you may need to get one...

I get this seemingly more regularly than the average person too - its a pain in the *** lol!

I was prescribed metronizadole by the doctor when I had it 4 weeks ago, he said the advantages of taking it far outweigh the risks. It cleared up and has not been back since. The midwife was also very approving :)

You can also get BalanceActiv in most Chemists and even some supermarkets, its perfectly natural lactic acid im led to believe, you could try that before your tablets if you are wary of taking them, but taking the antibiotics was the best course of action for me :)

i had it when i was 16 weeks and they gave me flagyl and it took care of it. flagyl is safe after first trimester.

Thanks for replies. I went and saw my midwife this morning and it turns out I don't have BV. The receptionist read the results wrong so I had a sleepless night for nothing. The swab showed group b strep and the doctor prescribed erythomycin. The midwife has decided I shouldn't take them though but will need antibiotics intravenously during labour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->