Bad arm from carrying lo too much??

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by LPF, Jun 2, 2011.

1. LPF

LPF Well-Known Member

Lo is 6 months and 20lbs - he still like to be carried a bit, not loads though, he's quite happy playing but I've realised I've got terrible pain from my left elbow and down my forearm to my wrist from carrying him....it's only going to get worse as he gets older/bigger....I'm struggling to write it hurts so much!

Anyone else?

2. aliss

aliss Well-Known Member

I would recommend a good sling and back carry along with a strength training workout program! I carry mine (30lbs) allll day long :)

3. charlotte-xo

charlotte-xo Alfie and Darcey's mummy

I had this the other day, I got some deap heat and it worked a treat.

<3

4. LPF

LPF Well-Known Member

I don't think I would use a sling though - it's only from carrying him to change his nappy, from one room to another etc if we have a cuddle it's sat down so probably only a few mins at most. I'm just surprised it's taken it's toll so much - I've had the pain for weeks now!

5. BethK

BethK Well-Known Member

I had similar, I couldn't physically straighten my arm and it lasted months!

Now she's bigger it's easier as she's happier to be in her buggy or on the floor with her toys.