bad back at 15 weeks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by sparkle_1979, Apr 24, 2009.

1. sparkle_1979

sparkle_1979 Mum to Ruby born Oct 2009

Hi ladies,

I was just wondering if anyone else is suffering from a sore back? I've never had a bad back in my life. I'm now 15 weeks and have a real ache on my lower left back, I have heard of women in later pregnancy having one, but am I not a bit too early for it to be anything to do with the pregnancy? Also Can I put a heat pad on it?

Thank you xxx

2. PrincessSoph

PrincessSoph Well-Known Member

Ive had a back pretty much from day one. I put a hot water bottle on it.

3. K477uk

K477uk Mum of One!

I've had back ache recently, and am putting it down to sleeping funny - as I have had to change the way that I lie in bed. I find that pillows in bed for support help.. I may be worth mentioning to MW just to rule out anything else..

4. awayagain

awayagain 3rd Tri!!

Im suffering already too, and have been for a few weeks, my back, pelvis and coccyx all hurt and I have sciatica (which I feel more towards the left), I had SPD in my last pregnancy and I think this is it starting again :( My midwife has referred me to physio so I can get the benefits early, as I was 34 weeks before my first physio appointment last time!

5. lexy604

lexy604 Sleeps through the night!

I have back pain but i do have quite the bump going on it could have something to do with that haha but i think its sleep i sleep in the worst positions

6. aries5486

aries5486 Mummy 2 Jenna & Blue Bump

My back is in agony but i have a bit of bump at the front lol and i suffer badly getting comfy etc i just my heat thingy u put in the microwave very good and it smells of lavender so its soothing lol!!! xxxx

7. Torianna

Torianna Well-Known Member

My back has played up on and off since 5weeks pregnant, just unlucky i guess x

8. sezzlebum

sezzlebum Guest

i had lower right back pain from being about 12 weeks, felt like it radiated around the right and around my hip, i just thought it was normal (not that i had it in my other 2 pregnancies lol) anyway i didnt say anything to the midwife just grinned and bore it but on tuesday i told her and she thinks it could be spd starting so referred me to physio, 2 days after telling the midwife i can hardly walk at all, i feel like ive been punched down below and it hurts so bad {sob}
    speak to your midwife chick even if it turns out to be nothing at least youve had yourself checked out xx

9. PrettyBonk

PrettyBonk Alex,Abigail,&Grace's mom

My back and ribs hurt really bad

10. HeidiLSparks

HeidiLSparks Mom of 2 & 1 on the way!

My back hurts sooo bad and it has since 14 weeks about, so its normal, icky feeling

11. karentia

karentia pregnant

hiya hun , ive had bad backache on/off since i got my :bfp: , i woke up this morning and its killing me i think i laid awkwardly :dohh: but i just took a couple of paracetomol to try an ease the ache xx

12. babystar

babystar Guest

my backs killing me....I have a bump tho and I have other probs with my hips etc.... but its killing my right at the bottom left just above my ass lol. boo!