Bad back

ukbagpuss

Reaction score
Anyone got any suggestions for what I can do? My back is so painful - feels like I have trapped a nerve as pain goes down one side and into my leg. Have tried a heatpad which relieves it a little bit but have to drive to work and walk up lots of stairs and finding it hard cos it hurts so much :-(

my sister has suffered with really bad backache. She's bought a pregnancy support band and a special pregnancy pillow (one which you sleep on - with padding either side of you - so bump is always supported). Both these things have really helped her. (she used to wake up early in agony because of the pain - but is now fine)

Hope this helps

Has the doctor told you how you baby is laying? Like- mine is head down and pushes out my back that's where my pain comes from. Try getting down on all fours and arching your back and then letting your belly hang. It's helping me.

Will give things a go - thanks.

Other half does massage and it helps for a little while but am resigned to laying on sofa with a hot water bottle and can hardly move most of the time.

We are moving house next week and I think I'm doing too much so am going to take it easy for a while.

Sounds like you're doing too much.

I was wrapping my christmas presents up sat on the floor about 6 weeks ago and I couldn't get up without help from DH. My back and the bottom of my spine were killing me. I was walking like a 90 year old woman.
Now the most I do is a bit of wiping down whilst DH hoovers and I still get a bit of back ache but a warm hotwater bottle really helps.

I think because I work in an office and have bad posture it doesn't help as when I go to bed at night and my back is straight it takes me 5 minutes to turn over the pain is that bad. But then it eases again.

Cx

Could be spd Mrs E. Don't want to be gloom and doom, but I had that problem, not being able to get off floor, and turn over in bed 'cos I was in agony. Now on crutchs and struggle to even get out of bed. It maybe worth going to GP if it gets worse for refferral to physio to get a support belt and exercises.

I thought that at first but It started about 3 months before I was Pg I struggled to turn over in bed with a sharp stabbing pain at my lower back near my bum so I think I just generally have a bad back and bad posture.

DH keeps telling me to go to the Dr.

Cx

Crikey I hope its not SPD after hearing how Tam has been for a long while now :(

I hope it goes away soon hun - Make sure that SW keeps rubbing your back though :wink:

Sounds exactly the same as what I am like - I did have the occasional problem before I was pregnant so you could be right. It gets worse as the day goes on and does make me uncomfortable at night.....oh what joy I have to look forward to when I get really big :roll:

SW does rub when I ask him to - does help a bit :)

Just being looked after is a bonus - Good on him :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->