bad, bad cramping

jalicek11

Reaction score
Hello, im new here, hope someone can help put my mind at ease. I am roughly 3 and a half weeks pregnant and for the past week have experienced bad cramping, like period cramps but worse. Its woken me up in the middle of the night before, its hard to ignore. No spotting, mild nausea and headaches. I can feel the cramps most of the time although the pain varies. Has anyone else had this?

Thanks

Hun I haven't, if it's worse than period pain you should get yourself checked over - it can be a sign of an ectopic. Not trying to scare you - lots of us get period pains - but always better safe than sorry. xx

I'm currently getting this and am being checked for ectopic purely as a precaution, but honestly honey, these pains are so common in early pregnancy, there are so many hormonal changes and changes to your womb and ovaries, please try not to worry. My doctors whipped me up into a frenzy yesterday and I was in tears, but I've since done a lot of googling and have found out just how common this is in healthy pregnancy!

:hugs: I totally understand how anxious you feel right now. I'm right there with you.

I had bad cramping in my first pregnancy much worse than period pain and my son is turning 4 on Wednesday. It can be normal.

i had absolutely no pain and i normally have extremely painful cramps between periods. well, i had none until about 4 and 5 weeks pregnant and they were mostly one sided pain but only lasted mere seconds and occurred twice a day. they werent as painful but i do remember it being bad when i had to go pee and held it in until my bladder was full. its as if it was pressing on my uterus and caused additional pain. now that im 7 weeks my pains are exactly like mild menstrual cramping. they shouldnt be painful at all if anything. if they are, my midwife told me to come in right away.

also, i did experience light tan spotting only twice in my pregnancy at 4 and 5 weeks but it was caused by sexual activity one time and the other time was just random and neither was accompanied with cramping.

Thanks everyone, I have a docs appointment on Tuesday so hopefully he can put my mind at ease further, I have been trying for three years for this baby so desperately trying to hold onto it..

i hope everything goes well for you at your appointment and that its all fine. keep us updated.

pregnancy is completely different for every woman. severe pain isnt always 100% a bad thing and when they say heavy bleeding is more likely a concern over other symptoms, id like to put out that my niece who is just 17 now(graduated highschool at 16 with an unplanned pregnancy) and also my grandmother both had their periods (or a heavy flow of bleeding) for a number of months. i dont know much about my grandmother's experience but my niece didn't know she was pregnant because of this. her baby girl was born perfect and beautiful. so pregnancy is absolutely unpredictable and i cant tell you enough how the smallest things scare me soo much to the point of crying. i love my baby(ies) so much and they're the size of a blueberry right now. so small but i shower them with love and happy rain(yummy milk mmmm).

Try not to worry too much.

I had cramping with #1 to the point I had to lie down.... he's now coming up 3!! I'm currently 6 weeks pg and the cramping started around wk 4 ...

I had severe cramping from ovulation till the middle of my first pregnancy and everything was normal. This time I only cramped badly at 10 weeks but everything is still okay. Still best to get checked, good luck.

Thanks everyone, helps to know other people have experienced it. Its good to know theres people out there who are being caring without having to, makes me feel more supported! Although still paranoid im not really pregnant and its just a cruel trick. But hey! Five positive tests. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->