Bad cold or start of swine flu :(

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by bluecathy1978, Dec 9, 2009.

1. bluecathy1978

bluecathy1978 Mum to 6 kids & 2 angels

Hi,

I have had blocked ears and headache with fatigue for a couple of days then last night I started feeling quite unwell.

I am aching all over and feeling sick as well as having a sore throat and runny nose.

I do not have a temperature yet though so i'm hoping it's just a cold.

I haven't gone into work today which I know will go down like lead balloon as we are so busy at the moment but I wanted to stay home and keep a check on my temperature. This is the first day I have had off due to illness in 6 months so they should count themselves lucky!!

I just hope that i'm ok for my baby boy :(

2. CocoaOne

CocoaOne Well-Known Member

Ah sounds like you're suffering hun!

Doesn't sound like Swine Flu, as you would have a very high temp by now. Also one of the other major signs is a sudden onset cough. Probably just a very bad cold or virus, maybe normal flu. Stay in the warm, take paracetamol and keep your fluids up. If you get worse or worried, call your Dr or NHS Direct.

Hope you feel better soon x

3. bluecathy1978

bluecathy1978 Mum to 6 kids & 2 angels

Thanks Cocoa xx

4. mamato2more

mamato2more Number 9 on the way

Could just be a bad cold..Eat some oranges, or vitamin c, and keep an eye on your throat! Don't want it being strep and not knowing!

5. dovehouse

dovehouse Well-Known Member

i had mild dose of swine flu, started with a cough, then had a tempp and was being violently sick and upset tummy. also had a really sore throat, felt like when i had tonsilitus. haver lots of orange juice and try inhaling steam. i got so frustraed when i kept getting told i wasnt allowed to take anythng, apart from paracetomal to help with the temperature!
    hope you feel better soon
    x