Bad constipation

bambino156

Mummy
Reaction score
So lo is constipated and has been for the last week and a half or so. I've given her prunes, made sure shes drinking more and shes been on 1-2 doses of lactulose per day since we saw the Dr on friday. Trouble is shes still not right. Shes not screaming in agony as much when she needs to poo now, which is great, but shes still not doing much. Its like a few softer pebbles at a time now instead of a tiny hard pebble each time. I just wish she would have a huge clearout!

Any suggestions ladies? Anyone elses lo been badly constipated? :flower:

My last son was constipated often. Sometimes a tummy massage worked. I'd put lotion on my hands then rub clockwise over his whole tummy 15 times. Then I would hold his legs up to his chest for 15 seconds. Then I'd rub downward from his rib cage over his tummy 15 times then hold his legs to his chest for 15 seconds. Sometimes I'd do this twice. It didn't work every time but sometimes it did. My grandma also told me when they had kids they'd put a teaspoon of Karo syrup in their bottles. I never personally tried it but she swears by it. Maybe it's something you could ask your pediatrician about. Other than what you're doing, you kinda just have to wait it out I think. I know it feels awful to know they're hurting and there's nothing you can do. Hope your lo feels better.

My daughter had it terrible when she was a baby. pure orange juice (not from concentrate) in cooled boiled water worked well for her, also massaging the tummy and gently pushing their legs up to their chest, and moving their legs in a cycling motion x

Poor LO, can't think of anything that has not already been said xx

We recently got to ten days..... the out of hours doc said.. half oz of fresh Orange 3 oz if water.. well within 4 hours she went, and went and went..... she was 9 weeks at the time. We are currently in day 4 so might try again soon as worked sooo well.

Just. To add she only drank one and a half ounces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->