Bad cramps today and went to the ER

AmyR

Mother of 2 girls!
Reaction score
They started this morning and by mid-afternoon they felt like bad period cramps. I decided to go to the ER to be safe, rather then sorry.

They listened to the heartbeat (which was fine) and asked a bunch of questions etc. And the doc said at 14 weeks you are too late to have a misscarriage and too early for pre-term labor....he said this middle time is really a time where nothing happens....and that it is probably stretching ligaments and maybe from being more active lately.

So I am really more relaxed....I was worried!

glad to hear everything is ok :)

I am 15 weeks, I had exactly the same experience with bad stomach and back cramps for a couple of days, and ended up going to OB GYN urgent care at our hospital. They took a look at baby, which is doing great, and said it could be stretching or my digestion or anything, but wasn't a problem with baby.

I don't mean to be gross, but I took some Colace, and the next morning it became clear what my problem had been! My digestion has been all messed up lately, I had no idea it could cause such crazy scary cramps. The doctor said there's really no way to tell where the cramps are coming from either, because your uterus is moving so far up, and everthing is mixed around in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->