Bad day anyone ?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by sparkle05, Jun 8, 2011.

1. sparkle05

sparkle05 Well-Known Member

Good morning ladies :hugs:

Is anyone else having a bad day today ?

I got soaked through on the school run, the only dry bit of me was my bra lol.

Isla has been screaming since we got up this morning. I struggle to feed her her milk and today has to be the worst day ever.

Advice from my health visitor " start feeding her from a cup" WTF grrrrr.

Advice from doctor "she is teething" Um no doctor this has been going on for almost 8 weeks now and the gaviscon you gave her does not seem to be working. :growlmad:

I really am going round the bend :wacko: I have just put her down and hopefully she will wake up in a better mood and we can start the day again :thumbup:

:hugs::hugs:

2. starrybean

starrybean Proud Mom of One

:hugs: I hope your day gets better!

3. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

I'm having a bad day too :( OH works away which is even harder at times like this. Think I just need a hug!

My LO has reflux and has gaviscon in all of her bottles. We were advised to early wean to help the reflux, we started about a week ago. The last 2 nights Gracie has been violently sick right before putting her down to bed.

I've been to the GP's 3 times now, and still no further forward.

First time - they said it was colic

Second time - she prescribed gaviscon and told me to put her on first milk again.......which made her even worse and HV said she should never have told me to do that and said to change her back, which I did.

Third time - she said they dont like to prescribe medication so would only up the dose of gaviscon. She also said to speak to HV about changes of milk, but HV said not to go down that route :S

We have another appointment next wed.....probably another waste of time!

I dont know what to do anymore and just feel so sorry for my little baba!

xx

4. Linny

Linny Well-Known Member

Aww sparkle :hugs: :hugs:

I would say more a bad night than day so far......though Maisy just spat loads of milk on my clean top and we're on our way out soon to a baby group grrrrr :lol:

She decided to wake up at midnight by sticking legs in air an rolling onto her side with force so that she bangs against the side of the cot!! I fed her put her back down only for her to 'talk' till nearly 2am..........then she woke again just before 5am so i'm pooped!

Hope your day gets better hun :hugs: :hugs:

5. sparkle05

Lots of :hugs::hugs::hugs: Coming your way, some of these doctors want shooting :growlmad:
    I have just come back from the doctors. Isla was seen last thursday and i was told there was nothing wrong with her she is probably teething :growlmad: Phoned the health visitor on Friday cause i was desperate after another 24hrs of screaming at her feeds, she told me to keep a feeding diary and see her on tuesday. Fast forward to tuesdsay, Isla weight is spot on no problems there and no thrush in the mouth :thumbup: Her feeding diary shows that's drinking milk but screaming through out, So i'm now supposed to be feeding her from a cup. What a disaster that is :dohh:
    Today Isla has screamed all morning so i phone the doctors and demand to be seen today. I got an appointment strait away with a locum doctor who says Isla has an ear infection and thrush in her mouth. To say I'm stressed is a massive understatement.

Put your foot down with them and bang on every doctors door until they listen to you, you know your baby and you know when there's something wrong :hugs::hugs: I can't imagine what it's like to be dealing with it all on your own while DH is away. It's bloody hard going when there two of you :wacko:

Feel free to PM if you like :thumbup: I don't have an awful lot of advice but 2 heads are better than one :hugs::hugs:

6. sparkle05

Hi linny :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I am moving up to near you so we can be awake all night together lol. I will bring the coffee you bring the milk lol :hugs::hugs::hugs:
    Sod it i will bring the wine you bring the glasses and maisy and Isla can play with each other lol.

Aww lucky you going to baby club, I don't take Isla at the moment cause it's embarrassing when i need to feed her :dohh:

I see maisy is still being a night owl lol. You wait till she's 18 you wont be able to get her out of her bed :dohh:

7. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

I'm really glad you've eventually got somewhere!

I'm going to take Gracie to a&e tonight with my mam in tow for moral support!

I've been on the phone to GP and HV again today and feel like I'm just getting absolutely nowhere with them. I actually feel like one of those nagging mams, where theres always something wrong!

x

8. michelle82

michelle82 Mum to Paris and Leo

MEEEEEEEE!!!! Leo has been a bloody nightmare today, think he is teething???? Been screaming all day and just wants to be attached to my hip, not even managed to shower! Can't wait till my DH gets home, hes getting handed him as soon as he steps through the door!!

9. sparkle05

Lets hope today is a better day :thumbup:

Hope leo settles for you :hugs:

My DD got threw at my DH when he came in and i went out with my sister in law :happydance::happydance: Feel much better today :thumbup: