Bad Day

After having a look at you're scan pic, I think Girl :)
Have you read up on the skull theory?. They say Girls have flatter foreheads and pointy chins and your scan pic has both :)
I know exactly how you feel, I looked at loads of scan Pics on the internet and was constantly thinking 'is it a Girl, no it's a boy' it's Ok for you to feel like this, you just want you're little princess after having you're lovely boys xxx
Good luck again xxx Can't wait to read you're update on Tues xxx

OP - I wasn't trying to imply you shouldn't think about or ponder the gender, I just don't want your heart to be broken if it's a boy. xoxo

I hope u get your little girl, but I also wish u a healthy baby above all. I hope u can make peace with it if it does turn out to be a boy because maybe this might turn into a much bigger deal if it is not dealt with properly before baby is born. Just a friendly piece if advice, not meant to be taken in the wrong way: sometimes, when we get too caught up and lose perspective, the universe has a way of making us regain perspective if that makes sense. Just try to see the bigger picture, u are adding a new blessing to your family at the end of the day and that's all that really matters xx

I hope u get your little girl, but I also wish u a healthy baby above all. I hope u can make peace with it if it does turn out to be a boy because maybe this might turn into a much bigger deal if it is not dealt with properly before baby is born. Just a friendly piece if advice, not meant to be taken in the wrong way: sometimes, when we get too caught up and lose perspective, the universe has a way of making us regain perspective if that makes sense. Just try to see the bigger picture, u are adding a new blessing to your family at the end of the day and that's all that really matters xx

That is the exact message I was trying to say, and laila, you said it so much more beautifully than I did. xoxo

I'm just trying to prepare myself for a boy, I really think I will hear boy, some days I feel OK with this other days not so much. I know that I will love him and that in the end the fact the baby is healthy is the most important.
I'm just pretty sure that its not something we will ever get to experience and try to cut myself off when I start thinking about it being a girl.
Its the not knowing, once I know for sure I know I will be OK.
I know niether of you mean any offense and I'm not upset by your comments, but I don't feel I've lost perspective, just because I know how lucky I am to be pregnant and have a healthy baby, and I know that the baby is whatever it is and theres no changing that. I've given up thinking "please be a girl" because its not going to change. I've just already accepted a boy, and DH hasn't and it winds me up because it almost gives me hope and sets me back when I could be already in a place to just be happy whatever they say.

I've heard of the skull theory but don't know much about it or how accurate it is.

I have had really bad points where i've wanted to cry that its all so unfair or that I must have done something really wrong to not deserve a daughter, but my last bad day was when I made this post and I know that whatever I have is what I was meant to have. It wont take away the longing for a daughter, but I will still be happy with my baby

I have had really bad points where i've wanted to cry that its all so unfair or that I must have done something really wrong to not deserve a daughter, but my last bad day was when I made this post and I know that whatever I have is what I was meant to have. It wont take away the longing for a daughter, but I will still be happy with my baby

I know how you feel, and I bet one if my sister in laws does, too. I've also got a friend who could relate to you as well :hugs:

Me: I do have a daughter, than I have two living boys. I have lost two babies that were boys. Now that we are pregnant again, I want a girl badly. For a few reasons, but the first reason is that I feel I technically have four boys, two living. I'd like a girl. I had my first child (my daughter) when I was very young (I was such a blasted naughty teenager) so I never truly got to "enjoy" my daughter because I was so busy with school and such. But now that I'm in my later 20's, and a stay at home mom, I could truly enjoy a little girl. Second, since all my last four pregnancies were boys - I'd like this to be a girl. However, my stillbirth in September, being a boy...I think emotionally it would be harder on me to have a boy just because I miss HIM so badly. If that makes sense.

My sister in law: She had a boy, than...another. So, her and her husband tried again for a girl. Got another boy. Tried again, it was a boy. And they tried one last time...and it was a boy. :nope: She wants to try again, so far my husband's brother has told her no way. Five kids is enough, and they are all boys so they run around the house and break things, they are very messy, etc. But my sister in law longs for a girl SO bad, I don't think she knows what to do with herself. They may try again, and may get lucky with a girl this time. I have no idea if they are going to try anymore or not.

My friend: My friend had medical complications really bad, she got pregnant and had a baby boy at 32 weeks. They tried again for a girl, and she had him at 37 weeks but with all of her medical conditions and high-risk, the doctor told her not to have anymore. Of course she was upset, and she said she felt that her family wasn't complete yet without a little girl. So, they went for the adoption route...and the JUST adopted a little girl!! Now their family is complete. :hugs:

Sorry, I've been working this week but can't believe how quick it's gone! ooh, only the bank holiday weekend to get through :) Are you doing anything nice to pass the time?

My BIL is having a BBQ tomorrow so thats one day out the way. Will probably take the boys out on their bikes on Sunday so thats another day mainly taken up and just monday to get through.
I think since my 12 week scan I've had almost 4 weeks to get used to the idea that this is most likely a boy and although I have still had those bad days I have already started dealing with the idea of another boy and getting my head around it.
Of course I still want them to say girl, but I know they will say boy and I will get over it. I'm looking forward to sorting through all my boys old clothes and seeing them hanging on the line. Even though its quite a while off till I'd have to wash them.

I suppose its just my mind set, if I had all girl guesses then I would think that it was wrong, but having all boy guesses I'm sure they are right.

DH definitely does not get it. I told him how I feel and his still made girl comments and just now he was saying "its a girl, its a girl in there" and I said its not and tried to walk away and he followed me saying in a teasing/joking way "it is its a little girl" I'm sure he thinks he is saying what I want to hear because I want a girl, but its not him I want to hear saying it. I need to hear it on Tuesday and then again in June to be sure.

Oh gosh that would drive me crazy!! Its a good job you are finding out soon, having to hear that for the rest of your pregnancy would be super hard!

I'm sure he thinks his being cute and helpful but his really not LOL

I have a feeling u might be very very surprised at your scan result. Not so convinced its another boy. I'm saying girl. Either way I wish u the best. Be sure to update us!! Xx

I will. I want going to tell family yet but DH went and told everyone we were going to find out the sex! So as long as SIL who will be picking DS3 up for us, doesn't keep us talking too long I should have updated by about 1pm UK time. I've spent weeks dreading this being so scared to hear boy, but although I must admit I'd love to be surprised at the scan do think I'll hear boy and I'm just excited to see the baby and get my thoughts confirmed so I can start sorting names and making plans and shopping.
Actually starting to think we would be better off with 4 boys as we wouldn't have to move as soon because they can continue sharing and I'd save so much money. I just bought DS3 a play Mobil knights castle and I know a girl would pay with it to buy if want to get her a pretty one and I keep looking at it thinking it would get more use of we had another boy and it wasn't cheap lol

Excited to hear the update tomorrow MotherofBoys and wishing you all the luck in the world. Either way, it will be lovely to see your beautiful, healthy baby bouncing away and growing nicely in there and, pink or blue, I look forward to seeing the scan pic!! x

I will be thinking of you tomorrow good luck xxx

Sorry today is Sunday not Monday!! This bank holiday is throwing me out!! Good luck for Tuesday! (I'll still think of you tomorrow as well seen as I said I would! LOL) xx

Sorry today is Sunday not Monday!! This bank holiday is throwing me out!! Good luck for Tuesday! (I'll still think of you tomorrow as well seen as I said I would! LOL) xx

I have just woke up and realised exactly the same thing!
Good luck TOMORROW MotherofBoys x

Hahaha I didn't see this yesterday so they still count as 'todays tomorrows' LOL Thank you. Can't believe this time tomorrow I'll be an hour away from my scan!

I think I may have just felt a few little 'taps' from inside! I've been really paranoid today, doubting that the wriggles I had felt now and then over the past few weeks were indeed the baby. And I felt my others tapping from around 16/17 weeks so was thinking I should have felt something by now. My friend lost her baby a couple of weeks ago at around 17 weeks so I guess its all still fresh in my mind. I've just had several little taps all in the same spot so hoping that was the baby. Can't wait for my boys to get to bed tonight so I can lay down and drink something cold and see if I get a reaction LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->