Bad doctor?

mama wandra

Reaction score
I just found out (very faintly at 14 dpo) that I am pregnant, putting me at 4 weeks, i've had miscarriages and my ob before i moved said that she was going to try me on progesterone with my next pregnancy. Well, I went to the new doctor today (only because of my pleading with the nurse who answered the phone) to have them prescribe progesterone. He refused to prescribe it saying it wont make a difference.
I'm just scared that I will have another mc because of the low progesterone. Anyone else have a horrible doctor? What should I do now? :shrug:

IMO we pay our doctors so much money that they should do what we want and take our wishes into consideration. I would suggest maybe calling another dr for a second opinion and let them know your situation and maybe they can get records from your old OB

good luck!

I would atleast try to talk them into a progestrone blood test and check your levels. If they refuse just tell them okay and you will find someone that will help you and look for a new doctor.

I tried getting the records before I moved out of state, they never got back to me. And now, Im just worried that by the time my records reach the new place, it might be too late.
I am just a jumbled mess of emotions here. thank the hormones for that. :dohh:

And they didnt even order ANY blood tests, not even an hcg to confirm the pregnancy.

That doesn't seem right, especially if you have had previous losses. I would shop for another dr ASAP.

hmmm not sure if you can get it in the states but there is a natural progesterone cream you can buy from health stores which you just rub into the skin on your tummy and that will help u. Not sure what it is called but i will see if i can get the details for you - maybe ask your pharmacist or local health food shop if they have it or something similar - at least until your douchebag of a doctor pulls his head out of his ass

I just found out (very faintly at 14 dpo) that I am pregnant, putting me at 4 weeks, i've had miscarriages and my ob before i moved said that she was going to try me on progesterone with my next pregnancy. Well, I went to the new doctor today (only because of my pleading with the nurse who answered the phone) to have them prescribe progesterone. He refused to prescribe it saying it wont make a difference.
I'm just scared that I will have another mc because of the low progesterone. Anyone else have a horrible doctor? What should I do now? :shrug:

Go to another Doctor...tell them your history, get a blood test, etc...

it's very surprising that they didn't get your HCG knowing your history! Most doctors won't give the progesterone without a med history or blood work, which is why they should have done the blood work! Unfortunately, this early there isn't much they can do about a mc. :( I really don't understand why they didn't do bloodwork for your peace of mind though! At the office I work at, the DR writes it on the paper and that's all they have to do! They are not the ones drawing blood. I would try to find another office. I would try calling the maternity ward at the hospital you are wanting to deliver at and ask who they recommend. They are the best at knowing who is a good dr with good bedside manner! Praying your little one stays safe!

I would look for another doctor, if possible. My midwife checked my levels because of previous miscarriages - and she wasn't even my doctor for those. My progesterone was only 10.3 and it was steady. She wanted it higher so she put me on supplements. Not all doctors believe in supplements.

Ask around. That's how I found my midwife :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->