Bad Experience with Flaxseed?

cat973

Reaction score
Hi all,

If anyone has had good experiences with flaxseed oil during TTC, I'd be grateful to hear them.

I'm 6dpo and started spotting a little last night and it has continued today. I've never had mid-cycle spotting before. I got all excited Googling 'implantation bleeding' before I had a sudden thought and checked 'flaxseed and spotting'. I started taking flaxseed last month (i only take it from O to AF) as, ironically, I heard that it supports progesterone and thus might eliminate spotting. After searching today, though, I read that it can cause estrogen to spike and thus cause...wait for it...spotting. Rage! :growlmad:

Has anyone else had this?
I'm really tired of the conflicting information on the interwebs! This ttc nonsense is hard enough!

Thanks,
C

Hm i'd like to know other people's experiences too. I actually didn't know flaxseed helps with progesterone. I thought it was generally good for health though. What's your dose? I don't take any supplements but I eat flaxseed with my breakfast almost every morning and I feel like it's helped with cm during O.

But I had your experience with red raspberry leaf tea. I drank it after O and started spotting and read that it could cause spotting post-O, so ever since then, I only drink pre O.

Same with B complex. Although it's never been a problem for me, a lot of people claim that taking B complex is not good for O, so when I read that, I stopped taking it pre-O. :wacko: I am thinking of getting rid of all these pill supplements and just eating the right foods instead.

I'm taking 4000mg which, from my research today, is the max one should take, but was simply what the tablet bottle told me to take.

I'm right there with you - done with supplements that work for some and don't for others. From now on I'll take folic acid and nothing else. Grrrrr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->