Bad flank pain - 10dpo

KatieL11

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I have been reading threads on here for a while but this is my first post. This is our 2nd month ttc, but last month was 1st month off bcp but I did ovulate that month and this month. This is the night of 10dpo for me and for the past 4 days Ive had nausea on and off, diarrhea (could be food related), stomach cramps, and tonight I started having fairly noticeable flank pain. It is near the kidneys on each side and just feels really sore but not horrendous. Ive had uti's before but don't have those sx. No urgency, but have had burning after urination on rare occassions the past week or so. Like maybe once per day max, some days maybe more but never bad & doesn't last long, & again, no urgency or frequency. Have never had a kidney infection before but thinking this is what it would feel like. I did test this morning & bfn but could be too early.
Can anyone relate? Anyone think it could be a kidney infection eventhough I haven't had bad or frequent uti symptoms? Anyone get this before bfp?
Any insight would be much appreciated!

Thank you! :)

Katie

Hmm! That sounds like some sort of urninary infection for sure! I have only gotten symptoms like that with confirmed UTI, Bladder or Kidney infection (I've had all three lol) I have a problem too where I skip the UTI all together and go straight to bladder or kidney infection.

Maybe consume some cranberry juice? It wont get rid of the bacteria in there but it does help it from accumulating even more for some ladies. (doesnt work for everyone) I recently had some similar symptoms due to a bladder cath from a D&C and then a HSG test after. I took AZO and drank some cranberry once a day for a few days and that helped a TON and I managed to fight it off on my own. Either way, most infections come from intercourse and of course all of us are doing lots and LOTS of that hahaha, so its highly likely that we would get UTIs and so on.

Anyway, have you tested yet?? O: I'm hoping for a BFP for you!!

Thanks for the reply Bee Bee! I just had my husband go get the azo uti test strips for me (lol) that have been reliable in the past. Negative for uti! Might have been too diluted urine? But peed in cup & was yellow so idk... I did test this morning, bfn. Hoping it may be too early at 10dpo. Will keep testing until af though! Got wondfo tests so don't feel bad wasting! Haha. If it is a kidney infection & progressed quickly like you said could it get bad quick? Don't really want to go to urgent care tonight esp with the negative uti test!

Thanks again! :)

Katie

Well, when I had my last bladder infection, I had ZERO symptoms but then all the sudden I felt like I had to pee and every time I did pee, I would immediately feel like I had to pee again. Then, the pain and burning set in slowly and by morning I was in really bad pain and was incredibly nauseous.

But if you have a negative test then you are probably fine :)

Yeah idk what to think! Will test in morning & if negative I'll have to assume that's not it. And move on to hoping it's a preg sx as I have read a lot of people get that! Only 2nd moth ttc though so can't get too hopeful! Lol. But dh & I are only 22 so we have time! :)

Oh yeah, you definitely do! Im pushing 30 so my safe conception years are quickly dwindling lol! Im hoping for multiples so I can be done after one shot hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->