Bad habits?

S

Serene123

I've gotten into a few bad habits with Caitlyn. I notice them, I do, but they work for us. I don't consider co-sleeping a bad habit, but a choice. I chose to do that because it worked for us. I'm fed up of people moaning about that. Anyway, this thread is about another "bad" habit we've gotten into lately. She will only fall asleep if someone is tapping her bum. Once she's asleep, I can move her anywhere and she will stay asleep. So I guess my question is, is this a bad habit? Or just a good way of comforting her?

I don´t think thats a bad habit at all, I do exactly the same to get Sam off to sleep. Tbh I don´t think you can have bad habits as such - do whatever works for you and s*d what anyone else or the baby books say.

I wouldn't say its bad, if it works then do it, I'm sure its one of those things that she will grow out of. I dont think at this age there is such thing as a bad habit. I thnk its a case of doing what works and what you choose to do.

Grace will only fall asleep if you pat the top of her back. Probably is a bad habit but hey if it works.

callum used to love having his bum patted when i was trying to get him to sleep. He doesnt need it now tho. Shes your child and its up to you to do whatever works best for you both.

I don't see this as a bad habit,it's just the way of putting Caitlyn asleep.It works for you and for her,absolutly no harm whatsoever...
xxx

I vote NOT a bad habit.

(I wish someone would tap my bum till I sleep...)

I don't think its a bad habit at all, Amelia won't sleep at all unless someone holds her or i lay her on her tummy (which is not an option at night time).

No, i think it is a good way to sooth her. And when you are ready you can wean her off, by patting less and less each time.

Brayden wont sleep unless he's swaddled (or totally exhausted and being held/carried LOL). NO idea how to fix that one, either!

Star

My sister did the co sleeping thing which worked great for her being as her OH was is Iraq and all but my niece got into a thing where she would rub my sister's lips and that's the only way she would fall asleep. My sis had some chapped and sore lips sometimes but now she's 3 and doesn't do it at all anymore. It's like she stopped overnight. I VOTE not bad habit :sleep:

I dont think thats a bad habit. As long as she stays asleep once you stop.

Definitely not a bad habit!!

Anything that gets a baby to sleep is a good thing!!

xx

I dont see it as a bad habit I tap max's bum to make him fall asleep too... and it works wonders..my dad used to rub my back and well the bad part is If i cant fall asleep now its the only way so DH rubs away lol

No not a bad habit, baby's love getting their bum patted because it reminds them of being in the womb with their bum up by the beat of your heart. Dec will still sleep if I pat his bum.

No i dont think its a bad habit , i do this with ella, only a handful of time she will sleep when put down but she likes the cuddles and closeness to fall soundly asleep :)

I'd class it as a bad habit when they hit 3 and your still tapping her bum :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->