Bad juju to buy maternity clothes before getting pregnant?

jessmke

Reaction score
Gap has had some really good sales on summer maternity clothes. We are TTC starting this month so I will hopefully be in my third trimester next summer, so I bought a bunch of super cheap summer maternity clothes. Now I am worried I jinxed myself by purchasing maternity clothes before even getting pregnant!

I honestly wouldn't buy maternity clothes until I needed them. Never know how you're going to carry. I have accepted 2nd hand from my friends for the chance something will fit while in season so I don't think it's bad luck or anything like that, you just never know.

I don't think it's bad luck at all, but I also would not buy yet only because who knows how long it will take. I got pregnant with ds1 first try, I moscarried my second baby but got pregnant first try as well, and my ds2 was immediately the month after that so I always assumed number 3 would be easy but I'm on my 5th month of trying. I'd hate to assume pregnancy for a certain season and have it take longer than expected and the clothes end up out of season. However I totally get the excitement and it can't do any harm! You can always return, sell, or donate if the seasons don't end up matching.

It's always so hard to predict the timing of TTC and pregnancy, but I definitely don't think it's bad luck or anything to plan ahead. What's going to happen will happen, whether you have a whole wardrobe of maternity clothes or not!

You can always layer if you end up pregnant in cooler weather -- a summer maternity top with a nice thick cardigan, for example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->