bad luck or not ?

I have only ever heard it being bad luck before 12 weeks..which I tend to believe now..since I went nuts with our first pregnancy and bought almost everything! And we had a miscarriage.

And I was left looking at all the baby stuff. I sold it..and then got pregnant again. So now I have to buy everything again.

I dont think its bad luck past the safe point though.

I am not sure if it is bad luck as such... but i waited untill i was past 12 weeks before buying to much.. in saying that i couldnt help buy some smaller things like bonds singlets and or a few jumpsuits (what..... lol they were on special i couldnt help it i was excited lol) but now we are looking into getting everything.. we are 16 weeks today :)

I don't think having baby things when you're pregnant is bad luck. However, my family believes its bad luck to build the crib before the baby is born, so we waited until we came home from the hospital to put it all together.

omg im so behind!!!!!

oh had a thought last night and suggested we buy 1 item of baby bits like nappies etc each week so we are stocked up.. was gonna start in new year now wondering to start now!!!!:dohh:

I don't believe it's bad luck but I promise you from experience that it's heartbreaking if something does happen:cry:. I don't believe for a minute that we lost Thomas coz of the stuff we bought etc but it was really horrid taking it back to the shops and coz some stuff we'd already set up and I'd washed all the clothes and put them away...I couldn't take them back obviously:dohh:.

It didn't stop me buying the next time around but we didn't take labels off clothes etc or set cot up until Lauren was born and we knew she was gonna be okay IYKWIM.

I never thought I was, but my Great Grandmother Theodocia was always in my head whenever I would pick up something in a shop, prior to 12 weeks. I looked around, but didn't actually buy anything until after the first trimester--once we made the announcement to family. We didn't tell anyone until after we heard the heartbeat and saw the little one for the first time at 13 weeks, so after that, we felt alright about it.

Thankfully, now that we're at 23 weeks, Gram's little whispering has gone away :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->