Bad Luck

cymrufaerie

Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else but since the start of my pregnancy I have recieved very negative reactions from the general public. For some reason when ever I go out both men and women glare, stare and make really hurtful comments. I'm about one week away from the third trimester and am rather skinny (I wasn't before pregnancy) with a large bump on the front and can't fit into anything other than Smalls and Extra-Smalls and for some reason people believe that that means I'm not pregnant. I'll go to baby stores and purchase things and each time the cashier or clerk will smile and ask how far along my friend whom I'm apparently buying the clothes for is and I tell them that I'm the one whose pregnant and going to be using the clothes and they change from smiling to snearing and throw my things in a bag and some have claimed they don't believe me, or it's wrong to pretend to be pregnant, or they stop helping me in stores. I have also had several people in parking lots suddenly go into reverse or speed out almost hitting me just to make me jump I'm guessing to see if a pillow will fall out. My fiance's co-worker actually publically on the clock said to everyone in the department in front of me that he didn't believe that my son is truly my fiance's! What hurts is I'll be in stores next to other pregnant women and they will be treated so sweetly and asked if they need anything or people want to know how far along they are or about the baby and then if I need help or even once got smacked in the stomach by another mother's cart they tell me to get it on my own or can't I see that an expectant mother needs help or they're sure someone will eventually be able to answer my question. It wouldn't bother me at all if I had some support but each and every time I go out stuff like this happens. I'm afraid for my baby if someone one day finds it funny to punch me in the stomach to see what happens (a few have tried). When I was in my first trimester I had random people come up to me and tell me that for the world's sake I had to abort! It's just really frustrating and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. When I'm out with my friend and her babies and my fiance and he tells people that he's expecting his first baby they rush to her and congratulate her and get her water and then turn to me and say that I'm a bad friend for not doing it before hand and for not carrying her bags! I just need to know, does anyone have anything like this going on? I never expected this sort of thing to happen, especially during my first pregnancy.

Gosh thats awful. Can't say I've ever experienced anything like that! Although I do get some dirty looks cos even though I'm 24 I know I dont look it.

OMG honey, this is truely horrifying what I am hearing

No matter who is pregnant, or even if someone is fat I would never never ever ever make any comment like that. Are these people for real?

I have to say I don't truely understand some members of the human race

:hugs:

Gosh, that actually unbelievable that there are people in the world like that :growlmad:, truly gob smacked!

I'm 20 and kinda expected to have a few disgusted looks and a few comments, but I have had zero...everyone has been really kind and supportive!

I'm so sorry you have experienced this, where do you live?!

x

That's crazy! I'm sorry you're having such a horrid time :hugs:

I have had a few dodgy looks from strangers (also 24 but get told i look younger) but otherwise everyone has been pretty friendly tbh, more so than usual anyway.

If people are being hostile towards you i wouldn't hesitate to call them up on it, and ask what the hell their problem is, it sounds like they need their rudeness brought to their attention :growlmad:

I'm kinda the same....

I was out shopping today in Mothercare on my own (I'm single). I'm 24 but get told I look about 18-20. And I suppose the way I was dressed today probably made me look kinda young. And yeah I felt like people were looking at me funny. There was a pregnant lady in Mothercare with her partner and mother. Her mother was stood right in front of something I wanted to look at so I politely said "excuse me" and she just looked me up and down with disgust written all over her face!!! Then I went into the changing rooms and when I came out she was stood waiting for her daughter, she did it again, I looked at her and she gave me like a pitiful smile. I was so annoyed!!! Like its OK for her daughter to be pregnant because she's obviously with her partner....I mean she didn't even know I was single...but I felt she was looking because I look young. What would it matter if I was young anyway...these things happen!

COW!!!! :) xx

O god what horrible people! Im only 18 but i do look young, i thinkif anyone says something to me i will tell them what i think they should do with their unwanted comment! :lol: I cant get over some people tho, their pathetic! Hope ur ok cymru and you suzanne xxx

Infact Suzanne you just reminded me of when I was in Babies R us.... I was trying to look at the moses baskets and some mother and i'm guessing a couple, don't know whos mother it was, but anyway they were stood right infront of all of the moses baskets in a line...I was stood there for ages and they still didn't move, like they were more important than me? The mother and husband could of moved out of the way a little so that I could look too? But no! Sooo rude!

So I take my comment back about everyone being nice....lol!

Meg
x

i also just found out that one of my "friends" apparently has been spreading around to people that i'm not in contact with on a regular basis that the pregnancy is supposed to be "hush hush" because i'm not keeping the baby! one of her friends even held a party and announced it!! i can't believe this, a few of these people told me that that's why they're not congratulating me is because they "already know it isn't going to happen". this makes me sick to my stomach, why would i tell people that i'm pregnant if i don't plan on keeping my child? i'm 27 weeks! i think its pretty obvious that my son is staying with me.

that is awful !
maybe you should bite back at your friends by throwing yourself a baby shower to announce that you are having your baby and get them all to buy you presents , lol :)
that will clear up the rumors and get you some stuff you need for bubs

that is awful !
maybe you should bite back at your friends by throwing yourself a baby shower to announce that you are having your baby and get them all to buy you presents , lol :)

:rofl: Awesome idea!!

that is awful !

it is a great idea but she already came to my baby shower with her friends and they still don't get it.

bah .... have you tried going to some mummy groups to see if you can make some new friends there ? i dont understand how people can treat you like this... sounds like they just have nothing better to do with themselves .. maaybe they are jelous ?

best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy hun :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->