bad luck?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Ash_P, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Ash_P

Ash_P Due Feb with 1st

am i jinxing myself do u think? iv got a car seat, a cot (not built) a few wee clothes and a sterelizer in my house. Im normally supersitious but with these things its not really bothering me, although some people r saying its real bad luck

Im not bothered by having the stuff being in the house but peole are putting doubt in my head. I dont have anywhere else to store it, and since the break up with husband i dont even have anyone that can bring the stuff into my house once baby is born so im trying to make life easier for myself :shrug:

2. _Vicky_

_Vicky_ Mum to twins

well I have it all too - what else can you do?

3. ninab

ninab Mum to Luke and Alice

I have loads of stuff in the house for the baby, how on earth can we get organised for our new arrivals without buying things and setting them up?! But I don't believe in bad luck so it doesn't bother me!

Enjoy playing with your new baby things hon x

4. Boomerslady

Boomerslady Well-Known Member

Maybe they think its bad luck until you've had your 20 week scan?? I had stuff before then though, and it was in my house!
    As soon as I had my 20 week scan I gave my sister some money and have now got 90% of what i need, and thats all cluttering up my space....I think it natural honey.....dont let narrow minded people put you off.

5. Beautywithin

Beautywithin Mummy of two

To be honest.. with the cot thing i wont buy... everything else i would

and if something bad were going to happen, it would happen regardless of you having all them things

so relax :) x

6. MummyToAmberx

MummyToAmberx Mum to 3 Girls 1 Boy

Only jinxing yaself if ya believe in that kinda thing.
    Personally i dont. Weve had pushchair up & in house since week 12.

7. QTPie

QTPie Well-Known Member

Completely agreed :thumbup:

What will be will be - what you buy and where you put it will have no affect on it :hugs:

QT

8. Ash_P

Ash_P Due Feb with 1st

oh thanks girls uv made me feel abit better. i just want to try and get as orgainsed as possible. i want my wee munchkin to come home to a lovely wee house with all the things it needs and a nice cosy bedroom.
    I got my wall paper for the nursery on monday, its winnie the pooh. its fab, i want to find out what it is, so that i can either get pink or blue curtains and a wee set for the cot.
    God when i start talking about this it hits in that theres gonna be a wee baby in there in just over 4 months!! :happydance:

9. Kota

Kota Mum and Preg!

yeah, i'm confused as to where all these people think you are going to store stuff if you can't have it in your house as its 'bad luck'!!
    Don't let it worry you, enjoy shopping for your baby and getting everything ready!!

10. hancake100

hancake100 Mummy to a princess x

Dont worry hun!! If anything would happen it would happen anyway not just because you have bought things.
    i have got LOADZ in my house, Ive got travel system, moses basket, nappy bin, nappies, wipes, LOADZ of clothes etc etc.................. and they are all in the spare room and I am never out of there looking at everything I have bought! :yipee:
    Its an exciting time so ENJOY IT!!! :yipee: xxxxx :hugs:

11. EmmanBump

EmmanBump Guest

Awww hun, ive had some of my stuff since i was 12 weeks! I dont really understand where they get this bad luck stuff from! If anything was going to happen hun, its not because your storing stuff at your house xx

12. Claire788

Claire788 Mum to Gorgeous boy!

My own mum told me I was "Crazy" to buy anything but clothes before the baby is born!!

I'm really looking forward to going around the shops on the day of the birth getting cots, baby seats, highchairs, chests of drawers, toys, clothes, bottles, etc... all with a baby in my arms (no pushchair remember!)

Needless to say I shant be taking her advice!!

13. jem02

jem02 Mirren 16/01/10

i don't think it is at all hun!!!

although i have nothing in house as my mum is dead against it and has got her ideas into oh's head haha!! so we have everything in storage between mil's and sil's as they live closer than my mum. my mum said as soon as i've passed 20 weeks she will start buying things (woohoo- counting down the days until sunday )

xxx