Bad news and feeling hopeless!

BabyshoesS

Reaction score
After two weeks of doing tests our doctor has told us that my husband has a low sperm count (3mill) and a sperm morphology of 2%, his motility was 57%, which is good. I am appear to be fine. Basically we cannot conceive at this stage naturally, my husband has to start taking meds. We have now started doing tests to see if he is diabetic. The doctor predicts that we will need to do IVF but I am not sure if I feel comfortable with that. Part of me thinks I would rather try ourselves and see, however, there's another part of me that wants to be pregnant already!!! I dread the thought of having even one more BFN or period. Should I be more patient or start considering IVF earlier?
In addition to this I feel my husband avoids talking about it and it is making me feel alone and hopeless. He doesn't understand why I cry about it, especially when I get my period. :cry:

Is there anyone who experienced a similar situation and now has a beautiful baby?

I think you should wait for the results from DH to find out if he is diabetic of if their is some other underlying cause. If no cause can be found then it's time to move on to IVF. If he is diabetic (which must be a worry to him) it makes sense to get that under control and see what difference it makes to his SA.
But you are on the right path seeking help. Good luck.

I feel I am on the right path. Unsure if my husband is on the same path though. He told me earlier that he thinks the doctor is making up things to get us to do IVF + spend money. Maybe he is experiencing denial. I am trying to be patient but the thought of having to wait for medicine to work makes me sad.

Your husband may feel as though he is failing you also, I would wait and see what his tests come back as and then sit down together and discuss your options, there is no harm in trying while you wait. :flower:

You can get another opinion if you think the doctor is making stuff up but that's usually not the case. A lot of guys refuse to get tested because they don't want to think they are part of the problem (or the main problem). Give it some time to see if it is a medical issue that can be fixed and save up money in case you do have to go to IVF.

My husbands sperm count was on the lower side 16 million per ml. he was against medically assisted conception so our only choice was to try supplements to increase his sperm count naturally. we have had the most success with Maca and low dose HCG shots. he also takes a mens multivitamin and we conceived naturally twice over 6 years of TTC and after months of supplements, unfortunately they both ended in early M/C. If IVF was a option I would have jumped on it in a heartbeat, verses waiting 3-6 months to see a increase in sperm count with supplements and either way there is no guarantee it will raise the count enough to get pregnant. but then with IVF there is no guarantee either. I wish you luck in whatever path you choose.

Luckily my husbands insulin and glucose levels were normal. The doctor said there could be a possible infection, so just to ensure all is good we both start meds that we must take for 10 days tomorrow. My husband is going to get two injections a week for 5 weeks and then will do another semen analysis. I am not sure if these are HCG injections or combination treatment. If there's an improvement we can try naturally to conceive. Doctor said if there's no improvement then IVF where they inject the sperm into the egg is our only option. He did say that with IVF with this method the changes of me conceiving are around 40%. Good news is that my progesterone levers were at a good 54% so I would have healthy eggs and good levels for the IVF. It just sucks though. I don't feel as though we deserve this.

Is Maca a herbal supplement? I was advised that my hubby start taking pre-seed to increase fertility. I don't want to overdose him. Not that he would let me. I am starting to go crazy, I will crush the stuff up and put it in his food :0 He has been on Staminogro for 4 months.

I would ask what the injections are, did he run tests on your husbands hormone levels? .

Maca is an herbal supplement. My DH takes it in a pill with horny goat weed. He has an injury that I fear is messing up his :spermy: counts so we are trying a natural way. But I know what you mean about going crazy :loopy:. There was a time when I also considered secretly give my DH supplements too.

It's hard when the men folk get self-conscious about their :spermy: but it must be very hard for them to be part (if not the whole) problem.

Dr did tests to check his hormones. Everything was normal. Can't explain his low sperm count and morphology. I asked if the injections would have any other side effects, they said he might feel tired while on them. I will look for a maca at dischem tomorrow. I have heard that horny goat weed can help.

After two weeks of doing tests our doctor has told us that my husband has a low sperm count (3mill) and a sperm morphology of 2%, his motility was 57%, which is good. I am appear to be fine. Basically we cannot conceive at this stage naturally, my husband has to start taking meds. We have now started doing tests to see if he is diabetic. The doctor predicts that we will need to do IVF but I am not sure if I feel comfortable with that. Part of me thinks I would rather try ourselves and see, however, there's another part of me that wants to be pregnant already!!! I dread the thought of having even one more BFN or period. Should I be more patient or start considering IVF earlier?
In addition to this I feel my husband avoids talking about it and it is making me feel alone and hopeless. He doesn't understand why I cry about it, especially when I get my period. :cry:

Is there anyone who experienced a similar situation and now has a beautiful baby?

I'm probably too impatient but I would do IVF if I was given an option. lol

Never heard of "horny goat weed" Is it a supplement? Can you get it at walgreens or Walmart? Sorry never heard of it.

Your husband may not want to talk about it because he might think it's his fault.. I hope everything works out for you guys.

Let us know the outcome and what you decide :)

Dr did tests to check his hormones. Everything was normal. Can't explain his low sperm count and morphology. I asked if the injections would have any other side effects, they said he might feel tired while on them. I will look for a maca at dischem tomorrow. I have heard that horny goat weed can help.

Here are some links that may encourage you on the Maca.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...133492-anyone-tried-maca-low-sperm-count.html
https://natural-fertility-info.com/maca-study-reveals-increase-in-sperm-production-and-libido.html

I order the Maca with the Horny Goat weed together with off the internet. My DH says it does what the latter herb names suggests, so its great for getting him to BD more often during peak cycle time.:haha:

I will keep an eye out for Maca at the pharmacy. I have heard that Horny goat weed helps. My mother suggested I try it!! I picked up a prescription today as the doctor instructed. Apparently there was an infection so both me and hubby are being treated now. This made me feel a bit anxious. Unsure if they saying we have an STI?? Anyways tmi!!! My husband starts the injections on Monday. After 5 weeks we will know if we heading for IVF where they inject the sperm into the egg or if we have some hope to conceive natural. I am glad we didn't wait longer to get tested but at the same time our lives have become very stressful and challenging now that we know. I don't want my husband to feel like it is his fault but at the same time I want him to be willing to try whatever the dr tells us to. The dr said we must have sex every 3 days, with work and the latest news this has been a challenge :(

If he had a infection then that would be a cause for a low count. I hope his count rises quickly .

Maca is great for all around male health , puts my husband in a really good mood, I mix one scoop of powdered maca in with a mango smoothie for him every morning. I recently also had him start taking ubiquinol as I read it increases energy of the sperm. here is the study https://naturalmedicinejournal.com/journal/2012-09/ubiquinol-idiopathic-male-factor-infertility

Personally, based upon insurance and what not I wouldn't jump straight to IVF, it's a HUGE expense and no more of a guarantee than anything else. Without knowing any other history a low sperm count can be gotten past and can be raised. Also try sudafed , you'll have to check into it but it AND clomid can help a male sperm count. Also IUI can be done with as little as 1mil sperm after wash and is a much cheaper option.

Also sperm count can change on a daily basis. If he ejaculated too long or not long enough before the count that can also drastically affect numbers. Repeat Sperm Analysis are a must !

Dr said that because both morphology and sperm count are low. IUI is not an option. We will try clomid and hcG but if it doesn't work ICSI is our only option. He goes for another analysis after 5 weeks of treatment.

My husband has stopped smoking cigarettes but he is still sucking on his e - cigarette (twisp). It's making me go crazy. He argued that it's fine but Dr said he must stop. Argh!!! Anyone with advice on these e- cigarettes ?? I just want my baby :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->