Bad skin

mummytobe

2 little girls
Reaction score
:shrug:My Lo has really bad skin, kinda like bumpy on her cheek and really dry on her forehead and eyes.. i know lots of babies have dry skin, and hers is prob due to being late but what about the bumpy skin everywhere else on her face ? is that normal ? anything i can do to help it ?

Adi is really dry and rough in spots. His back, his upper arms, and the bottom of his cheeks. I mixed up a creme with shea butter, olive oil, and his baby aveeno lotion, and I rub him down with that. It's very rich. It seems to help keep him from turning into an alligator, but I don't know if he'll ever be completely smooth until winter is over. We both seem to have mild eczema, so I use the same stuff on me to fight the itchies.

would that be ok to pop on her face or is that just for the body ?? x

Connah has very dry and cracked cheeks but i'v yet to see my HV to see what would be best.
Will let you know though hun xx

My LO is the same way. I was told by his pediatrician to use Dove soap, not sure if you have that brand in the UK, but it is very moisturizing and it works for my LO. It is a soap for adults, so be careful that it doesn't get in LO eyes because it will burn them. I use it on his face, hair, and body. His skin looks so good now and it is very soft.

I recommend almond oil (ask pharmacist, it aint expensive) or plain olive oil. Just put some on your finger and dab it over the dry areas. (you could use cotton wool but that just absorbs loads of oil which is a waste)

You do get Dove soap here. I was told not to use any soaps, plain water is fine for washing babies when they're young. Soaps can just cause irritations and sensitive skin. Was told not to use wet wipes either for this reason.

Christian is like this but he has eczema (hubby has it too). We have a special cream that we received from the doctor but on the rest of his body where it is rough, we use the Spectro for kids EczemaCare cream. It will help retain moisture plus help with the itchiness the experience.

Talk to the chemist to see what they can suggest. If they suggest cortizone cream though, don't do it (unless the doctor says yes). That stuff is really strong for babies.

When washing little one, you can use just water or use some bathing gel (like Aveeno). Some little ones may have sensitive skin so other products may cause the skin to get worse. Be careful with soaps though (as well as baths) as they dry out the skin more. With us, we were recommended to bathe the little one twice a week at most.

It's really common for newborns to have acne (neonatal acne), which usually clears up on its own after a few months. Some babies get blocked oil glands (milia) which are caused by blocked oil glands, and these almost always clear up on their own too.

Most pediatricians recommend very mild soap (or even just water), avoiding fabric softener, and using mild laundry detergent like Dreft (I don't know if they have Dreft in the UK?). If the pimples don't clear up on their own, I would definitely talk to the pediatrician because it could be something that requires a prescription like a yeast infection or eczema.

Hazel gets blemishes here and there on her cheeks and under her chin... they mostly come after spit and heat (like if shes slept on my chest and her cheeks gotten clammy) I wipe her with just water and use a light touch of sudocrem and it goes very quickly. I would not use soap at all.

Both my doc and HV suggested Olive oil. I just wash her face with water and a cotton wool ball, then dab some olive oil on her dry bumpy skin, usually at night so she is not all oily in the day time. It takes a copule of days but clears it right up. Nice and gentle and natural :D

Thanks for the tips.. will try olive oil and hope that works :D x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->