bah disappointed

bcos21

Reaction score
So we had some family staying with us in Nov and Dec, as a result I didn't always just whip out a boob and feed my son little bits here and there (he is 15 months) so in dec I got my period back. So I figured OK we're doing that again. We had talked about ntnp a second baby and were comfortable with that, ideally I didn't want to get pregnant in January because it would give me a due date around my sons birthday which I'd like to avoid. Fast forward and my period is due this week, no signs of it, bfn on tests and even around ovulation time I had no cramps or anything. I guess my Dec cycle was a once off... What a bummer!
My son is crazy about the boob and I'm not sure either of us is ready to go cold turkey. But it looks like I may have to at some point to get cycles back. Bah anyone else in same boat?

I'm not in the same boat now, but I gave up BFing when my daughter was 12 months old so that I could TTC my son. I had been charting and noticed my LP was only 8/9 days long, so I had to wean her off since we wanted a small age gap. :(

Hey, you're technically still in the game though! You can O at any time and if your body has started back up again it could happen soon. :) Don't make any drastic decisions yet. :)

For me, stopping the daytime feeds was enough to get my cycle back - i just fed her morning and evening from 9 months. It just wasn't enough to prevent my LP from being too short.

Good luck to you! :D

My LO is nearly 12 months old... and we're NTNP until July, then officially TTC. My LO loves nursing... so I am really committed to BFing her. I got AF in December, so hoping it's back regularly!

Good luck TTC!

Thanks for the replies! Dh and I talked about it and we are just going to continue a relaxed approach.I can't bring myself to force weaning on my son... Its still a bit disappointing as well wanted to try and have the baby here this year but who knows lol

That's a tough situation, but if your cycles are back, they probably will continue even if you're breastfeeding. I guess they could be less regular and if you're TTC it's frustrating to feel like you have no idea when you're ovulating, but still, if you're ovulating even if it's less regularly, and you're having sex once in a while (so possibly around ovulation), there are good chances of getting pregnant for sure!

If you and your son are both interested in continuing the breastfeeding, I would continue and not stop only to get regular cycles. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->