Bah I'm so confused (rant)

Lilybelle

pregnant with no.2
Reaction score
My cycles are usualy 40 days rather than the general 28 days so I'm a week behind the norm.

I went to the doctor today to comfirm my pregnancy and I told him the date of my last period (9th feb) then he proceeded to tell me that I was 7 weeks along and due 16th of november. I was sure that I was 5 weeks along and due back end of november/beginning of december. He felt my belly then told me that I could be even further along! He saw on the computer that I was a month late before my last period (I went to check it out a couple months ago cos it was weird) then I told him that I did have my period but it was lighter than usual. He wont give me a scan yet! He wants it to continue as normal, have a midwife appointment next week then the dating scan next month.

Argh I'm so frustrated and confused!

Good luck! I'm surprised since it's not for sure when you actually conceived that he won't do a scan!

That's crazy! I think they must do things a lot differently here in the US. My doctor scheduled me the first time and again this time at about 6 1/2 weeks and do an ultrasound then regardless. I've read several posts from ladies in the UK that don't have their first u/s until 12 weeks or so. I would be going crazy!!! Good luck sweetie!

Yeah the dating scan is 12 weeks. I have gone in sooner before but it was a compliated pregnancy at the time and I kept bleeding every 3 weeks.

@mami2karina - You can understand how confused I am! I would just like to know exactly how far along I am as it keeps changing alot

Good luck hun! I'd be complaining of cramping or something to get a scan lol.

I might do that once I get my big black folder from the midwife. I cant go in for a scan without it! the UK are strange with their verious NHS rules.

Oh wow that's crazy! Here if you go to the emergency room complaining of lower pain, where an ovary is, they almost automatically do a scan to rule out ectopic pregnancy. I would hate not being able to go to the doctor if I needed to. And I get really sick early on too. I was in the ER a lot for re-hydration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->