Baking and recipes

Miss_Bump

Reaction score
As it the festive season i was wondering who was going to be baking cakes, cookies or mince pies etc?

Im going to make chocolate cornflake cakes and a tripple chocolate cake tonight! Also at the weekend i will make some mince pies!

Thought it might be nice to share what other are baking and also recipes too if you want to :)

xx

Too be honest, im always baking things with the kids! I love choc cornflake cakes! I love doing muffins too!

I bake occasionally but more so during the Christmas season, mainly as I would get fat if I did it regularly, lol! But my son loves to help me cook dinners so we still get that special time together doing kitchen stuff.

As for now, I just got done making an AWESOME pumpkin roll with a cream cheese filling.

Today I'm making a pan of super fudge brownies for my son to bring to school for the cake sale tomorrow.

The week of Christmas a friend of mine and I will be making chocolate truffles, nutsmack, domino cupcakes, and something else (haven't decided) to create a few little baked goods trays for others. We're not going overboard, just literally doing some for ourselves and to give out to maybe 2 or 3 other people each. It will be an enjoyable experience.

I'm also doing a spiced cranberry nut bread which is divine, and I say that as a person who doesn't normally go for things that don't have chocolate in them, LOL..

i enjoy baking but i usually end up eating most of it myself as DH doesnt have much of a sweet tooth! :thumbup:

i think i will be making a few carrot cakes and some choc chip cookies (when i find my recipe book)... :dohh:... x

All sounds very yummy! BF hasnt got much of a sweet tooth either so i guess im going to be eating thme all :haha:
xx

ive just made some mince pies, they are a tad thick! i guess i could have rolled them thinner, im out of practice its been a year since i last made them lol later on im making some jam tarts for my daughter as she doesnt like mince pies, then tomorrow its the wheat and dairy free mince pies for the OH.

next week i promised daughter i will do the shortbread thats in my cook book thats a shape of snowmen...tho i dont have that cutter so it will have to be some other festive shape lol

I made the family Christmas cakes this year for the first time (still not quite sure how I volunteered myself for that!) and they actually went quite well. I'm not normally so good at cakes, better at biscuits!

Do love baking though, would like to start making bread but my first couple of attempts didn't work out so well.

I love mince pies, 12 for £1 at asda this week, had to buy 2 boxes! At least I've a good excuse this year!

We dont like Christmas cake or pudding, so i normally do a big Pavlova with strawberries and kiwi in it and a Banoffie Pie. Ill be eating eating eating all christmas mmmmmm xx

I made a cake last night, but it was from a box. Does that count?

I made a cake last night, but it was from a box. Does that count?
:haha:

i guess so!

I didnt have all the ingedients last night so im cooking tonight :happydance:

might even post a pic of my creation if it turns out good
xx

I do like to bake, but I rarely have the time (being at work all day) and we only recently got an oven again, so at least I can bake now if I feel like it!

I've really come on to baking recently, though I'm not a massive cake eater so I tend to bring it in for the girls at work. This week I did two batches of scones which we had with raspberry jam and clotted cream (YUMMM)

I often make anzac biscuits which are traditional australian oaty biscuits. A while back I made a rich chocolate and beetroot cake (Nigel Slater recipe) which was absolutely amazing. And my next one is going to be a polenta and pistachio cake with blood orange syrup. If I can ever get hold of the blood oranges that is...

I can't believe how mumsy I'm getting already and how much I love it :blush:
I bought a kids christmas baking book for my 8-year-old niece as well so will try a few bits from that with her.

Since we are all from so many different places we should each try posting a recipe of something traditionally made for the holidays where we live! I'm sure I would end up cooking something someone posts because I love to try new stuff in the kitchen. May take me a little bit to think up what my favorite would be to post it, but could be great to give us all some ideas of something new to try!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->