Baking soda finger...opinions? BFPs?

LizzyRose

Reaction score
So I was just reading about this and it sounds really interesting. Has anybody tried it and got a positive? I'm on CD 10 and wanted to try it tonight. What do you all think?:dust:

well basically I read that many women have a very acidic vagina and that sperm will die if the ph is below 7...
By wetting your finger and dipping the tip in some baking soda and then putting your finger in your vagina, not too far up though, you can increase the ph making the environment less acidic and facilitating sperm mobility....:shrug:
That's the theory...and I was just wondering if anyone here tried it... it supposedly has worked for many women. After 5 months of trying I'm getting a little desperate!!!

It apparently drastically increases your chance for having a boy. A friend of mine with 2 girls tried it for this reason and ended up with a raging yeast infection so bad that she couldn't BD afterwards and didn't end up getting a BFP that month! I would use pre-seed instead :)

wow...I definetly don't need that happening right now! Thanks I'll think about it then...

Am I the only person that's heard about this baking soda technique?? I would love to be able to use pre-seed but they don't sell it in Europe where I live and was hoping that baking soda would have sort of the same benefits with the ph factor and all.... anyone??

Can you get evening primrose oil? It is supposed to help with CM and would probably help pH too. If you can get that then maybe its worth a try. I'm not so sure a raging yeast infection is worth that!!!

how soon before ovulation should I use evening primrose oil. how often should I take it? thanks xoxo

Ive been reading up about this BSF and I think it sounds scary. You have to get it just right or it will burn, apparently. Sounds worrying to me! Maybe I wont try it after all!

yeah it does sound a little risky... but I also read that it has worked for some women. I might just order pre-seed online and try that nxt cycle (hopefully though I won't have to! come on BFP!!!)

yeah it does sound a little risky... but I also read that it has worked for some women. I might just order pre-seed online and try that nxt cycle (hopefully though I won't have to! come on BFP!!!)

I would definitely try getting pre-seed online! I think you can order it on amazon. There might be a European equivalent. It is basically sperm friendly and changes your PH to the ideal for baby making! Lot's of people have had success with it!

I would think eating lots of yogurt or taking an acidophilus supplement would accomplish nearly the same thing with much less potential for badness.

Try 'concieve plus' lubricant it is the same if not better than preseed as it increases sperm mobility and helps them along there way. I bought it on amazon or they sell it in big Boots stores too
Hope that helps :) good luck!

Thanks so much for the advice! I'll try the conceive plus I think. It's just that I'm so dry this month... I don't know what to do. I'm on cd 12 today and have absolutely no ewcm whatsoever. BDing is not fun at all because we can't use any kind of lubricant. Last night we used some (just a little on DH sorry if tmi) because it was just not possible without.. Ordering preseed or conceive online will take about a week for it to get here and by that time it'll be too late. I've been using an opk but so far no smiley. My cycles have gotten shorter so they are about 26 days and I'm starting to worry that I won't see a smiley this month. Am I exaggerating ? I should probably just relax a bit more it's just that ttc is stressful!:wacko: Any more advice on natural sperm friendly lubricants would be greatly appreciated! :flower: thanks beautiful ladies xoxo

I was wanting to know if this has worked for any of you?? I have been ttc for 4+ year's now and the other day my mom told me when she was ttc her doctor told her to use a baking soda/warm water douche and it worked every time ( 6 pregnancies 3 births ) I am going to try it this month!!

I'm going to second the recommendation for evening primrose oil and also add to that grapefruit juice. When I was using evening primrose oil alone I saw a good increase in fertile fluid. When I did them both it was almost unbelievable! You only want to use the evening primrose until ovulation if there is a chance you are pregnant. I did the same with the grapefruit juice since the only point was to get ewcm anyway.

Charting is great and helpful to know when you ovulated!

As for acidity, you could try eating more alkaline rich foods, and stay away from acidic foods Surprisingly, lemon juice turns to alkaline in your body so it is good to drink water with lemon. Lots of water in general is good.

I have taken EPO and drank grapefruit juice the past two months.. I am thinking about adding the baking soda douche to see if it works...

I wouldn't go anywhere near baking soda. That stuff could do some damage. Nope nope nope.

Pressed is available worldwide through amazon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->