Baking Soda Finger worked for me

deer

Reaction score
Hi Ladies!

I'm just popping in from 3rd tri to let you know what method of conception worked for me. I hope it helps some of you - this forum was invaluable for me when I was ttc.

Anyway, I had been ttc for over a year for my 1st child. I tried opks, diet, lots of dtd, targeted days of dtd, etc but nothing worked.

So as a last resort I did baking soda finger before dtd & it worked! After doing bsf, my cm became more liquidy and in abundance! We dtd about 15-30 mins later & it was morning time.

"Taking Charge of your Fertility" also helped me figure out my cycles.

I'm not saying that it'll work for everyone, but it's just advice for anyone who wants to give it a go.

Good luck with your journey (I know it's stressful) but it'll be worth it in the end.

Yeah, I've never heard of that? What do you mean, exactly?

And what's 'bsf'?

Baking soda finger (bsf) is when you wet the tip of your finger then dip it in baking soda and insert it vaginally. I know it sounds off putting & I did it coz I was getting so frustrated with ttc but it worked for me.

I know some ladies use preseed as lubricant, but it never worked for me.

Wow, I've never heard of that one before. How did you find out about this method and how long did you do this for before you got your bfp??

*Casually goes to check the kitchen cupboard*

I have some, googling it now sounds very interesting! It says be careful not to touch the cervix with it. I wonder if it can cause an uti or anything, I am prone to them but think I am in my fertile period and willing try!

Thank you for the tip, never heard this before :D

Interesting. Will try it if this takes too long, but seems kind of...well, is it okay (like healthy) to put baking soda up there?

I think I just saw it on another forum when I was ttc. It makes sense coz it makes the environment more alkaline which sperm are more likely to survive & it increases cm - which is needed to conceive.

The first time I tried it I got my bfp

I know - I was hesitant to try it too! I'm not a dr or anything, but I just lost it that month with ttc - if it didn't work my next step was going to be egg whites!

Oh yes thanks for adding that xlouloux! - you shouldn't touch your cervix

Ok I am going to risk this tonight and hope that we BD, I guess I will let you know how it goes lol.

Hmm, I read that it can last for upto about 4 hours, so if I go use some now I should be good. I am only going to put it around the entrance just incase (sorry tmi lol).

Wish me luck :D

Thank you,

I read that it can cause an infection if you are prone to them, but surely one little bit won't hurt plus I have cranberry vitamins at the ready. If this works, I think I will be shocked for the rest of my life!! :haha:

If you try this come back and let us know. I'm at a year and I'm pretty frustrated. Might have to try this.

:rofl: loulou the entrance bit made me lol. Are you in your fertile time??

How would you avoid cervix?

I'm feeling that desparate I'm willing to try anything!

Deer do you know sex of baby? I've read a more alkaline environment would make a......

I think I am yeah, not sure though lol. Your cervix tends to be higher if you are ovulating making it harder to reach, that and I have short stumpy fingers so it should be easy to avoid if I just put the tip of my finger in!

I wouldn't mind a boy, any baby will do right now. :D

Girl sperm prefer a more acid environment suh as lemon or vinegar :haha:

Let me know how you get on with you bsf loulou. Lots of :dust:

Thanks for sharin your experience with baking soda deer hope all goes well with your LO :flower:

I'm having a boy! Thanks Cheska!! Good luck^^

Wow. Just when I thought I'd heard all the tricks.

I just o'd a couple days ago but will likely try it next cycle. (can you tell I'm not feeling hopeful about this one)

Thanks for sharing Deer!... Fellow BnBer from the Tdot. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->