Bananas??? sorry its long - need help!

pinkish_angel

Reaction score
:wacko: Amelia was really ill a month back. She went to sleep for her afternoon nap and woke up but wouldnt eat no dinner. I didnt really think much of it cuz she is always going off her food lately so I just gave her some milk, and within 5 mins of drinkin it the whole lot came up. I just assumes she had rushed it so we went out to the quiz at the pub over the road as usual... took her last bottle with us, and once again within drinkin it she was sick all over the floor. We took her home and put her to bed and the next day she was worse. Couldnt eat or drink... crying, high temp... and she had really bad dioreah (how do u spell it?!).. it stank really bad and was just like water... the strange thing was the poop had black cotton line bits in. I was stressin then cuz thought it was worms (even though they were not moving), but I read in my book that worms are white so I was very concerned...
anyway, I rang the docs and they were like 'oh u should have rang first thing, u cant have an appointment for today now, we will get the nurse to ring u in the morning'... terrible!! Making a poor baby wait, so I rang that NHS Direct line and asked for their advice. They were no help either really... telling me that it could be worms and they r black cuz her food must have coloured them. I explained that she had not eaten anything to make them dark, and they said 'well... if she has been eating liquorice or something'... it was like talking to a brick wall... she is an 11 month old baby, why would I feed her liquorice. They had no clue anyway and said that I should buy some worming ointment for the whole family. They said it was probably thread worms and they r caught from other kiddies and r as common as head lice. I was not convinced that it was worms but I was given no other explanation so by the evening she was still no better and still had loads of black stuff in her nappy so we took her to A&E. Extreme maybe but I needed her to be seen THERE AND THEN, not wait for the nurse to call the next day (which she didnt even ring may I add). We were at the hospital for ages... 3 hours, from 7pm till 10pm. We took her nappies but even there, no-one had a clue what it was. They said it was 'not' worms. The one said it looks like a virus called rota virus or something like that. She said there is no medication... if the symptoms r so bad the baby has to be kept in and kept away from EVERYONE until it was gone. They paniced me like mad.. what made it worse was, after they said that, they moved us into another waiting room full of other babies. They were all crying (cuz all ill) and the heating was full blast. What more of a way to spread viruses that a red hot room. The doctor finally saw us and he checked her over... he didnt think it was the virus the nurse spoke about and took a sample of her poop and sent us home. I rang the docs for her results however and they still werent there... the hospital say the results were negative but they didnt know what it was in her poo.
So to this day, we are no wiser as to what it was in her poo. She is back to normal now, but still has the black bits. She eats a lot of bananas and I think possibly it could be the black bits out the middle????
.. so.... thats why I am here... asking if any of your babies eat a lot of bananas... and asking you (ewww) if you will check their poop to see if there are black bits in it hehehe.......... :wacko:

Fruit does often make poop look funny, Noah regularly has grapes and orange and they make his poo funny.

I think your best off not giving her bananas for a couple of days and see if it goes away.

Ir is she teething? this can make poo go a funny colour, turns Noahs Dark Green.

Is she still vomiting after feeds?

Aw bloody hell darling what a nightmare!!, hope she is loads better now
Jack eats 2 bananas a day and i have never seen anything like that

I have heard of that rotavirus thing though and sounds nasty atleast she was all clear for that

I have no idea what it could be hun, they are not threads from a toy or something are they?

no hun, I was asked at the hospital if she had been chewing on anything but no, nothing, especially not black. She is teething yes.... I just give up.... even the hospital cant tell me what it is. I just hope its nothing to worry about xx

mmm I dont think tis banana's, Ella eats alot and Iv never noticed black threads. It may be something shes eaten though, Raisins and grapes make Ella's poo go funny. Or it could be becuase she is teething ? Ella's poo goes very strange when she's teething! Sorry no answers hun but I'll keep a look out next time she has a banana!

ive heard that bananas can make teh poo go black n stringy but cant remember where 4m lol

Yep its bananas. They have fibres which can pass through baby and come out looking like little balck worms. Seren is a banan monster and gets them regularly. Now if you want interesting poo I recommend kiwi - all the seeds come out.

there you go hun looks like thats you answer! Iv never noticed it before so will be looking with interest now lol.

Thanks so much. Finally my mind is at rest. I have been worrying for so long about it. Its bizzare how the hospital staff didnt pick up on the fact that bananas make the poo like this. I did suggest it and they just looked at me with blank faces. THANKS everyone :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->