Banging head on purpose?

S

Serene123

I asked about her banging her head on the wall on purpose and everyone thought it was pretty normal but now she lays down on the wooden floor on her belly and smacks her head off the floor repeatedly then brusts out crying?!

:shock: I'm actually really worried.

I have a head banger but he doesnt cry he laughs, he will headbutt anything and everything and laugh his little head of at it, I have heard it is a normal stage and they grow out of it, only thing is Dec has now been doing it for almost 8 months !!!! Lol

She gets really frustrated before.. It's like she's taking out the frustration from not being able to talk on the floor :dohh:

i have a leg banger, maddi just lays down on the wooden floor or in her cot and bash her legs, i too think its frustration, though maddi finds it funny x

Grace doesn't bas her head but she really bashes her feet off the floor to the point where people are like, she's going to hurt herself! But yet she carries on, not bothered in the slightest! Kids are odd

Yep Ciaran bangs his on anything :shrug: The wall the floor the couch :shock: I think its frustration with his gums being sore :shrug:

I wonder if she has a headache or something? Does she do it all the time or every now and again?

xxx

lilly never did anything like that but i've heard its pretty normal, some babies bang their heads against stuff others their legs or arms etc

I don't know about when I was a baby, but when I was a little kid I'd always bang my head on the floor when I was mad :blush: I was a weird kid

I used to bang my head off the walls when i was younger..crazy children lol

I have a head banger as well, he went through banging his head on the floor and cot and i would stop him and tell him off (didnt know it was normal for some children)
now he'll use his hands to hit his head when he's frusrated or upset, he still bangs his head on the cot sometimes.

Benn used to do this on my tiled kitchen floor!!! I was worried as well but it stopped when he got to about 12 months dont know why he did it though. He always had a bruised forehead!!! I put it down to fustration as well.

This info page states headbanging can be caused by lots of things, needing more attention, pain from teething, anger in temper tantrums etc.

https://www.babycenter.com/0_head-banging_11554.bc

i dont really know cos Riley's still so young, but my mum and dad say i always used to bang mine on the glass door... :blush:

explains a lot tbh.. :lol:

Although this may not be relevent but i worked with loads of puppy rescues and like babies puppies need constant entertainment ..they can play with there toys but will eventually become bored and frustrated some may even start doing repetitive behaviors to get attention .. which can eventually become a disorder ..

you need to stop her when shes doing it , easy as distracting her with another object shes never seen ..like a shoe or a cover from a pot which she can bang and make noise with ..

Most of the time this is what we would classify as Tension reducing habit disorders which can be the following Thumb sucking, Nail biting, Hair pulling, Head Banging, Air swallowing, Body Rocking, Hitting or biting themselves, Breath holding.

sometimes it can be taken care of early enough buy finding what is triggering this behavior ..I would suggest giving her something new to play with or spending more time on the floor with her and playing games ..even if she wont pay attention to you she will know your there .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->