Baptism gift

Hellodoris

Mum to one & one cooking.
Reaction score
Hey ladies, looking to pick a brain or 3. My cousins LO is being baptised next weekend and I have no idea what to get for a gift. He's half Italian and that side of his family are very religious so I've no doubt he will get many of the traditional religious gifts from them. My mum has bought some gorgeous antique silver baby cutlery for him and my sister has bought a tree for them to plant in his name. I am so stuck for ideas, I want something that isn't traditional, although doesn't cost the earth (I buy Christmas gifts for him plus its his birthday just after Xmas).

Any suggestions or any gifts your LO received for christening/baptism??

My LO got this set which is lovely, the pictures and words are very child friendly:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Very-First-Bible-Prayers-Boxed/dp/0745960057/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1321112657&sr=8-4

Presents my son got or I have given to other children have included Noah's ark wooden toy, cuttlery with his name on, a money box, a little guardian angel hanging decoration, a plate, bowl and cup set, a star/part of the moon, photo album, and premium bonds.

With some of the money we were given we bought our LO a St Christopher and some children's books to do with the Catholic faith.

A really good "children's classics" hardback book - the works of Winnie the Pooh, Thomas the Tank Engine, Beatrix Potter... Something along those lines?

QT

We got clothes, photo frames, one of those beatrix potter hand print plates, a few coins/collectible sets from the mint, a little figurine of an angel for her room and some books.

So hard buying pressies!

What about something personalised like a cushion with his baptism date on it?

I'd look on folksy or etsy for something unique, handmade probably..

Or id go for the hardback quality book idea, and the book people have fab deals on just now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->