• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Barely positive blood HCG!

Tryinfor4th

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I got a positive pregnancy test with a clear blue digital 1-2 weeks,
I had bloods done the same day which come back "barely positive" this was done last Thursday I had more bloods drawn today, my af was due yesterday, Monday so I'm only just late, anyone else ever get a positive with a digital that turned out to be false?

Did they say exactly what the reading was? At less than 4 weeks pregnant, anything above a 5 is considered good. It's the repeat ones that are important to check it is rising as it should be.

In the worst case scenario it would be a chemical pregnancy (where you get a positive in days running upto AF but AF arrives shortly after expected) which are really common, we just know about them more now because hpt's can test so early :(

I really hope this is it for you. Fxd! :hugs:

Last Thursday your blood hcg would have been low, 5 days before af. Probably between 10-25 at that point. Are you getting it repeated?

Yes I had a repeat of bloods taken today,
I'm under thr EPU because of two previous MC,
I also did another test today and got a stronger second line , hoping they just drew blood too early

Praying for great results, sounds like you might of been just too early!

did they give you a number? mine was only 24 and my progesterone was 3..(YES 3) at 4 weeks! But, it continued to rise and im feeding my baby girl right now :)

Thank you for all your support ladies,
My HCG was 20 last Friday, they were re done on Tuesday and it was 180! So more then doubled I'm happily cautious, reassurance scan in on the 25th oct,
Fingers crossed for me, I lost my last two pregnancies and discovered the problems at the first scans so really nervous, but happily feeling nauseous !

My mistake, I put Thursday at the top of the thread, bloods were done Friday

Congrats!! That's a great beta!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"