Baring weight on legs

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Lilly12, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Lilly12

Lilly12 Mommy & #2 on board

At what age is this ok?

My baby always wants to stand and push her legs against everything, she also has great head control, is she just a strong baby?

2. summer rain

summer rain Mum of 5

Its fine from any age; the old myths about it making them have bowed legs are completely unfounded. My LO was pulling up to standing when holding onto his hands from 2 weeks and he has insisted on being stood up on our lap from about 8 weeks, I think you just have a strong baby :D xx

3. Lilly12

Lilly12 Mommy & #2 on board

That's awesome thanks !

I'm buying her a jumperoo !

4. angel2010

angel2010 Cart & Emma's mom, 1mc

Yep, sounds like you have a strong lo. Nothing wrong with letting your lo stand.

5. Breezy

Breezy Mommy to one gorgeous boy

LO has been doing it from a very young age and HATES laying down. He prefers to sit or "stand" so I got him a Bright Starts Bounce Bounce Baby and he stands on a pillow as his feet don't reach yet but he LOVES it. I have to prop him with a blanket because the seat is a little large so he falls to either side but it is still great so I don't have to hold him standing constantly!

6. membas#1

membas#1 mommy at last!

Olivia likes to "stand" too and pushes off a ton with her legs, and i've often wondered if it was okay to let her stand...nice to hear it's fine to do. :thumbup:

7. MissPiggy

MissPiggy Kayson and Bumpy-Sweep

totally fine, my little one refusd to be lying down from 6weeks =) at 9months he was a walker =) xxx

8. Natsku

Natsku Well-Known Member

Maria always wants to stand too, from very early on. FIL kept going on about her legsgetting bowed if we stood her up, no matter how many times I explained thats not true!

9. Annunakian

Annunakian Mom of two

LO has done this since I can remember, haha! She would rather stand and sit than lay down. She's always had great head control so we are pricing out those jumper things.