Baring weight on legs

Lilly12

Mommy & #2 on board
Reaction score
At what age is this ok?

My baby always wants to stand and push her legs against everything, she also has great head control, is she just a strong baby?

Its fine from any age; the old myths about it making them have bowed legs are completely unfounded. My LO was pulling up to standing when holding onto his hands from 2 weeks and he has insisted on being stood up on our lap from about 8 weeks, I think you just have a strong baby :D xx

That's awesome thanks !

I'm buying her a jumperoo !

Yep, sounds like you have a strong lo. Nothing wrong with letting your lo stand.

LO has been doing it from a very young age and HATES laying down. He prefers to sit or "stand" so I got him a Bright Starts Bounce Bounce Baby and he stands on a pillow as his feet don't reach yet but he LOVES it. I have to prop him with a blanket because the seat is a little large so he falls to either side but it is still great so I don't have to hold him standing constantly!

Olivia likes to "stand" too and pushes off a ton with her legs, and i've often wondered if it was okay to let her stand...nice to hear it's fine to do. :thumbup:

totally fine, my little one refusd to be lying down from 6weeks =) at 9months he was a walker =) xxx

Maria always wants to stand too, from very early on. FIL kept going on about her legsgetting bowed if we stood her up, no matter how many times I explained thats not true!

LO has done this since I can remember, haha! She would rather stand and sit than lay down. She's always had great head control so we are pricing out those jumper things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->