bartholin cysts???

O

oOskittlesOo

:flower: hope you all don't mind me popping over from 2nd tri!! I wondered about bartholin cysts..
Has anyone had one before? I'm 23 weeks and a few weeks ago, around 19 weeks I woke up with what I thought was a swollen skenes gland (a moisture gland). Went to the doctor, was put on medication, it went away. Low and behold yesterday I woke up with the same place being super swollen again, and sore. My doctor said it couldve been either just the swollen gland or a bartholin cyst.. Now that it came back I know which it is.. wondered if anyones had them while pregnant because I've read they're more common during pregnancy. I not sure if they'll be able to remove it while I'm pregnant?? All I know is if I have to deal with this for 4 more months I'm going to be in hell.. Anyone with any expierence with this, please help me out with feeling a bit better!!

I had one when I was about six weeks pregnant. I also had one that had to be surgically drained a couple of years ago. Looks like I will be prone to them for life now. :(

Anyway, the doctor told me it will not harm baby if you get them while pregnant. More often than not, they drain on their own.

I had one when I was about six weeks pregnant. I also had one that had to be surgically drained a couple of years ago. Looks like I will be prone to them for life now. :(

Anyway, the doctor told me it will not harm baby if you get them while pregnant. More often than not, they drain on their own.

The one you had while pregnant drained itself? I soaked in salts because that's what the doctor said was best but it didn't drain itself and now it's huge!!! :wacko: I would say bigger then a golf ball!!!! I heard that once you get them you are likely to get them over and over.. They're definitely no fun :(

I had one the size of a grape in first tri, it just went away by itself by the middle of second tri. I don't know about getting one surgically drained tho it sounds like you could do with it.

I wish mine was that small :wacko: it's made my whole right labia swollen, and the actual cyst is like I said about the size of a golf ball! Hoping they'll remove it because the next 4 months will suck with this huge cyst coming back..

I had them a few times before getting pregnant and was told my the doctor to take salt baths and just kind of massage them. It worked without me having to take anything else for them.

They really did seem to keep returning though, but I just did the same thing.

The only advice I can think of is that when you notice you're sore there, check straight away if it's a cyst and start doing the salt bath thing, before it gets as big as a golf ball, if possible.

I massaged it and it burst.

The one I had a few years back was nearly a baseball in size. Damn, it hurt!!!

Ouch! Well mine wouldn't pop on it's own :dohh: so had my appointment today and she drained it and put a cathader in so it can drain completely! Not the beat feeling in the world, but better then having such a sore spot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"