Basel Thermometer Confusion

smb44589

Reaction score
Hello Everyone.

I'm new to temping and charting and got my Basel Thermometer yesterday. I have decided to take my temperature vaginally as I have read that you get a more accurate reading that way. So I wake up this morning, still half asleep, inserted the thermometer waited for the beeping. When I removed it the temp reading was 36.67. Tried to go back to sleep but i was awake now, so turned the thermometer on again and the saved reading was 36.50 (probably 10 mins later). So my question is, which reading do I take for my chart. Also am i leaving the thermometer in long enough (I wait until it beeps at me) or do i need to leave it in longer.

Many thanks in advance

smb

You go from the first one you took hun, you only leave it till it beeps aswel :)

I cant help but im sure someone will be along soon to help.

Mine doesnt save it, i wait for the beep and read it right away and take that reading, mine is only a cheapie and doesnt save the temp tho.

Maybe yours cooled down and saved that number?

I know that mine doesn't save the last temp, I believe it saves the lowest or highest that has ever been taken (I forget which one). Kinda pointless.

Thank you for all your helpful replies. I'll take the reading that it shows after it stops beeping. I've left it kinda later (42), but didnt meet my soulmate until 2 years ago. We decided that we would start trying in September after our move and our holiday, but I'm getting a jump on trying to work out what my body does on a monthly basis. I dont even know how long my cycle is. My period kinda comes when it likes. I'm so glad I found this site, because all i can think of is making babies. I'm hoping that I will be blessed with my child fairly soon.

I have learned so much since being on the site! and the amount of questions ive asked is unreal lol

I use OPK's, BBT, will be using cough medicine this month, been using a CBFM this month and if this doesnt work on my next cycle i think i will add softcups in too :)

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->