Bath after c section

Nessicle

Reaction score
i had a c section 3 weeks and 5 days ago and then got a post surgery infection after a week which was leaking but has scabbed over and I assume healed up...when can I get a bath??

Hmm, the 'norm' is usually 2 weeks. If you think it's closed up I think you'll be fine. :flower:

thanks hun, I wont be in long anyway but hopefully it'll be ok...visions of my scar opening up and everything falling out startng ha ha...

Haha, nah. You'll be fine. My OH made me laugh so much right after surgery I was scared I was going to rip my incision open! :haha:

My mw said I could have a bath straight away!! I think it was 5 days post when I got home I had one.

NESS CONGRATS!!!! i dont think ive spoke to you since you had lo, she is beautiful

i got an infection too which was horrible but mw told me to make sure it stayed clean so as long as you dont put any product in the bath you should be ok!!!

they made me take my dressing off myself and it was soooo scary, i thought id rip my stitches out x

I was told not to take a bath until 6 weeks :( Maybe they are over-cautious where I am - I could really do with one too!

strange?!?! they let me take a bath while i was still in the hospital and a shower!!

they came around and gave me a bedbath the day he was born

I was told not to have a bath because of my stitches (I didn't have a CS) but they didn't tell me for how long :cry: . I was having tentative showers for about 2 months before my sister called me a silly sod and told me to just have a bath lol.

It was wonderful haha

haha its mad isnt it, some of the things they dont tell you!!

Thanks Shellie :) I think i posted in your journal but in case I didn't Congrats to you too!!

I'm getting a bubble bath sod it ;)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"