Bath after C- section?

Michy

Mum and Preggo
Reaction score
Does anyone know how long you are supposed to wait to have a bath after a section? In hospital they just said no baths, I was so pleased to be leaving that I forgot to ask for how long!

I really want to have a bath with my little man :cloud9:

I'd wait a few weeks hon. Had 3 C-sections and always waited until a few weeks had passed.

they said 2-3 weeks on my sheet, but I didn't have one till last week and I'm at 8 1/2 weeks

hi i had a c section with my son 6 weeks ago and they made me have a shower 2 days ater havng him and told me to have baths everyday as it was good for my wound

i was told in hospital to keep the scar as dry as poss so i didnt bath for 3 weeks i had my first bath Monday night and it was heaven!! xx

I waited for 3 weeks.

I was really worried it was going to hurt or sting but i was fine and Logan loves the big bath with mommy !!

i was told i was able to have a bath 3 days after having all my kids but to make sure i had nothing in the bath just water & to make sure i pat dried my wound...

I was told to have a bath whenever you can manage. I had to wait about 2 -3 weeks, because i couldnt manage to lift my leg high enough to get in the bath.
But if you can manage its fine.
I had a shower 2 days after my c -section couldnt wait to have a shower! lol

hi
this if from a friend of mine she had a c section and had a shower on second day from delivery in hospital and was told i could bath when she was ready only dont lift heavy stuff. but if you really want a bath then you know best how you feel do what feels right

hi i had jack on 17th october & he was my 4th section i had a shower the day after i had him then i had a bath on day 4 when i got out of hospital , then had a bath every other day after that for about 3 weeks it helps to have bath as keeps the scar nice & clean & will stop infections as long as you pat dry it when you get out the bath & not rub it dry then its fine to bath , my scar is complety healed now . xx

I was told it was fine to have a bath whenever I wanted one. Couldn't manage it for a while though. Was in hospital for two weeks afterwards though, so was too easy in the massive shower room, to consider having a bath.

I was told it was fine to have a bath whenever I wanted one. Couldn't manage it for a while though. Was in hospital for two weeks afterwards though, so was too easy in the massive shower room, to consider having a bath.

how come you stayed in for 2 weeks ? xx

the hospital actually tried to give me a bath about 9pm that night, maddi was born at 3:39pm by emergency c-section! they had to get another nurse as i nearly passed out! i didn't have one till quite a few weeks after my section in the end x

I asked the midwife when she came on Friday and she said I was fine to have a bath, so I did the next day and it was wonderful!

In our house we only have a bath we dont have a shower so i might just have to shower at my mothers house if that is the case lol! x

i had a bath about 4-5days affter my section (showered before then) mw told me it was fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->