bathing baby

jenny82

Reaction score
How often do you bath your LO? Every day or only a few times a week?

I only bath LO 2-3 times a week, but top & tail him every day.

Was just wondering because of the ladies that bath baby as part of their nighttime routine. I was under the impression that too much bathing isn't good for baby's skin, so my nighttime routine would have to be without bath?

We used to bath 1-2 times a week but have recently started bathing every night as part of bedtime routine. After her bath we do a quick massage using moisturizing lotion so Abby's skin has been fine so far. Xxx

We try to bath every day- just to get into a routine, but sometimes if he is too edge we give it a miss as it seems to simulate him too much. We used to do it at bed time, but he would scream when we took him out the bath, and then took ages to settle so we now do it in the morning

We bathe Evie every other day but top and tail her on the days she doesnt have a bath. We were still doing the olive oil massages for her skin till recently and she was loving those so we might start up with that again just cos they chilled her out so much!

i bath kye everyday as part of his bed time routine, we moisturise his skin after so that it doesnt dry out

I think i may be the only one to do it 2 times a week ? every sunday and wednesday ? HV told us not too often. I do top tail everyday tho x

I bath Chloe ony 2-3 times a week. I top and tail her everyday though.

I don't do it as part of her routine, I just bath her in the day or evening depending on when we get time.

I only bath my Lo 2 times a week as he doesent quite like it lol. But i top and tail him everyday! We live in quite a cold cottage so i'm hoping when it warms a bit he might get used it and we can bath him more.

2-3 times a week. I only shower/bathe 2-3 times per week myself and babies aren't dirty like adults. It's not good for adult skin to bathe too often so I'm applying the same principles to baby. She could probably go longer, tbh, but her hair gets quite messy from her head being held.

We do every night and on the weekends we'll sometimes do it twice. If he's a tad fussy for not reason a bath normally helps his demeanor. If we are home late for some reason and he's already had it then we skip that night.

In the beginning though I hardly ever did it. He HATED the bath. So, until he about 3.5-4 months old it was only when he needed it.

Normally every day however we do have the odd day where he will just have a top and tail! x

I feel really bad now as ive only bathed liam twice since hes been born (he hates it!) but i give him a wash everyday/massage with baby oil and use cotton wool and water when i change his nappy. But im gonna start bathing him twice a week as he has to get use to it, i just hate seeing him scream like mad when im doing it!

We go 2-3x a week and Bun screams through every minute of it LOL. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->