Bathing LO

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
How often does your LO get a bath? & what time of day?

Newborn I knew not every day ....but now Caitlin is getting a bath or shower (she loves it lol) every single day after her morning bottle but before lunch.

For anyone who does not bath baby every day what do you do on those days strip wash? Maybe everyone does do the same (Caitlin is just over 10 months old) but I get the feeling thats maybe not the case?!!

Kaya only gets a bath once or twice a week when she needs it. We still use cotton wool and water for her bum and she get's her face washed every night before bed.

I find Caitlin stinks after 24 hours ...she poos like 3 times a day of course shes cleaned after and creamed but still find shes a bit smelly.

Colton still doesn't get a bath everyday.
I've been wanting to get him into a night time routine of bath bottle book bed, for awhile now. But OH doesn't see why we need a routine and even though I tell him he doesn't do it. He says Colton "isn't dirty" so he can skip his bath. Not much I can do aside from giving into no nighttime routine and bathing him during the day.
(I go to Uni between 6-9pm, but it takes me a hour to get there, so I'm gone from 5-10pm almost every weekday)

However, if I were home every night thats how it would be. I'm actually on Fall Break this week.. so going to do it everynight. I dont know why OH wont, on the days he does give Colton a bath he is usually conked after a the bath and bottle! :dohh:

summer has a bath everynight as its part of her bedtime routine, on the odd occasion she doesnt get a bath a strip her off and massage bedtime lotion into her, makes her smell nice lol

Niamh gets bathed everynight without fail not because she is overly stinky just because its how she knows its bedtime and she enjoys it so i don't see what is wrong with it.

When Bethanie was newborn, she would only have a bath once or twice a week.. this is because she had eczema and we found this the best thing to do for her skin.

Her eczema has cleared up now, but she gets little dry patches every so often so I bath her every other night now. On the days she doesn't have a bath, I wash her face and brush her teeth (we do twice a day though).. but I don't bother giving her a strip wash because she gets wiped up downbelow with baby wipes and I never notice a bad smell.

If she gets messy (at the park or whatever) then she will get an extra bath and i've started to think of giving her one every night soon as shes a messy little toddler now, so we will see how that goes.

Oh yea, usually late afternoon/early evenings here (6pm), but it really depends on whats going on in the day!

Aaron gets a bath two or three times a week. He loves it, but he has a lot of itchy dry skin so I don't bath him every day. In between he just gets wiped down wherever he needs it. He only has one dirty nappy every few days though, so once he starts having more solids he might have to be bathed more often!

Amelia has started being bathed/showered every night or every other night. She loves coming into the shower with me while DH washes her.....she used to scream in her baby bath but this week has started to enjoy it, even at this age she manages to kick the water everywhere! It really tires her out and by the time she is dressed and we come back downstairs she is already falling asleep in my arms.

normally maddi gets a bath every night and wash every morning. on the odd evening she doesn't get a bath yep we wash with top-to-toe wash in the the top and tail bowl, might be different maddi is quite a few months younger :)

tommy is bathed every other night just before his last bottle as i find it helps also with his routine, he used to hate it but he relaxes loads now and laughs the whole way through, maddison is a different story though she has a shower evry other night or day and a bath once a week as she has genetali excema and teh water, shampoo etc really irritate her, as she goes horse riding she has to be showered otherwise her class friends would disown her i think lol

h x

Chloe has always been bathed every second night sometimes more depending on what shes been up to at creche and washed down in between.

We bathe every evening as part of our bedtime routine. She gets massaged with sweet almond oil every night to help protect her skin.

Once in a while she gets 2 baths a day if she's extremely poopy ;)
:hug:

Dec gets bathed every night as part of his bed time routine, tea, bath, story then bed.
I find it helps him sleep but we dont use bath products, we only use oilatum in his bath and then diprobase on his skin after.

Caitlyn gets bathed every night as part of her bed time routine, at the same time every night.

She loves it and it helps her sleep better

xxx

Maya gets bathed every morning after her feed & then she is top & tailed everynight before bed :D

Max got a bath everyday before bed time and still does now , if I cant give him one its baby wipe strip down lol

I usually do it when she starts smelling abit or she has done huge poos.
I dont have a routine or anything just do it when it needs to really but make sure i do it every other day. I did do it everyday but her skin was drying out and where her birthmark was so was advised every other day :)

Charlotte gets a bath every night around 10-1030. I'm in school until 10ish, so it's gotta wait till I get home. After the bath we do lotion, book, prayer bunny, bubba and bed. She is really good with the routine and it works well for us.

Erica gets a bath every night as part of her routine as well. I let her play for about 10 mins in the bath, before washing her up. She loves her bath. When she was a newborn, we didn't bathe every night tho, since her skin was sensitive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->