Bathroom after BDing?

B

BumbleBabybee

Hi! So DH and I have been BDing this week and last night I desperately had to tinkle after. I raised my legs in the air for about 10-15 mins and went downstairs and was able to hold it for about another 20 mins but then I couldn't wait any longer. I'm just hoping everything didn't come right back out! (TMI..sorry) :wacko: Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this and if you think it would affect chances of conceiving!

I've been wondering about this too. I have a history of UTIs, so my doc always recommends going to the loo after to avoid them, but I don't want to hurt my chances. I've trawled through forums and sites, and there are loads of contradicting theories. However, most of the 'research' I've done suggests that you should stay lying down or propped up for 15mins, but if you can't it's not the end of the world. The idea being that the healthy swimmers will already be on their merry way by then. That's what I've been doing anyway. FX it works!

I read it doesn't and whatever is going to get to where it needs to be will be in after 15 mins.
I waited 15 mins before using the toilet after bd'ing every time but no longer and got my bfp.

When I got pregnant with my son I had given up on laying down for 15 minutes afterwards. I would lay for about 5 minutes sometimes not at all and just go to the bathroom. Now that we are TTC#2 I've been laying for about 15 then getting up and going to the bathroom. I honestly don't really know how much it actually helps, but I know it doesn't hurt my chances :) I def think 10-15 minutes is enough time.

This is ironic. Today we dtd and afterwards I really had to pee. I layed propped up for at least 10 min but I couldn't hold it anymore, I had to go. The first thought that came to mind was "omg did I ruin my chance?" I think the strong swimmers would already be where they need to be. I think it's ok. I mean if you have to pee, you have to pee.

When I fell pregnant with my daughter we were DTD a lot during the day so I was getting up straight away, cleaning up then carrying on with the day. Granted we weren't ttc with her but it obviously made no difference. Now we are ttc, I'm staying lying down for as long as possible even though I know it doesn't matter much.

With my current pregnancy, I got up straight away and used the bathroom.

I honestly don't think it makes a difference:shrug: I've tried that the months we were TTCing naturally (think that was about 18-19 cycles in all and tried that the 1st 5-6 cycles) and only 1 chemical to show for it (which was my 7th cycle):wacko: I've heard of people getting pregnant while BDing standing up so I don't think lying there for 10-15 minutes makes much difference. The good, strong :spermy: will make their way up there anyway.

Also I read that raising your legs in the air isn't a very good idea and it's better to lie flat on your back evt. with your legs bent at the knees, if you get my meaning, since the semen will pool around your cervix in this position. Lying there with your legs and butt up makes them pool above your cervix and isn't optimal. But if you're afraid of anything pooling out, then maybe try SoftCups, they didn't help me but I've heard many have success with them:shrug:

Good luck :dust:

Of everything I've read, once the swimmers are shot up there, it really doesn't make a difference what you do after that since once they're up there, they're up there. I've been using Softcups during my fertile week though, since I'm figuring keeping them near the cervix can't hurt any, and that way I can get up right after since technically, it's more sanitary to clean up after to help prevent UTIs. Good luck!!!

I don't think it matters. I have a tilted uterus and believe or not I only conceived when I was on top. Dont know if my tilt has something to do with it but when in missionary or behind... Nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->