Baths / Shower ..... baby?

Marleysgirl

Mum to a SCBU Warrior!
Reaction score
Thought about hijacking the shopping thread with this question, but it's probably too distant ...

We don't have a bath in the house, just a large (wet room) shower. Not a problem for me, and I accept that we'll have to buy a baby bath for the Bean for the first months.

But what does everyone think about taking baby into the shower with me? At what sort of age could I start this, obviously taking care to have the shower at the right temperature and on a gentle flow setting?

I don't know about showering with baby hun, but i sort of wanted to say "me too"

We move house in 8 weeks and the new place only has a shower, no bath. I was reluctant to move there at first as i love love love baths and also, the practical element for when baby gets here...but it ticks every single other box we had on our checklist and as we'll be renting we're not tied to living there forever if it doesn't suit us, so could possibly move when baby is a few months old if we needed to.

Family seem to think we will struggle. I assumed we'd get along fine with a nice big baby bath for the first few months but we've had a few sceptical remarks suggesting otherwise.

Looking forward to reading any replies...

I got a sceptical reaction on another forum too! But did some digging, and found this site (hope it's okay to post that link, apologies if not) where everyone is saying how wonderful it can be for the baby so long as you do it right!

Hey Marley, That was really interesting. I have a bath but prefer showers and it is good to see that you can take baby in with you if you are careful.

Really interesting post!!

Our shower room still needs finishing (along with the rest of the house!) but from reading that link... the comment about bonding with daddy really got me thinking.

My first thought was 'not for me' because I'm not so good on my feet, showering myself alone is a bit precarious. But I could see how young children as well would maybe prefer the fun of a shower :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->