Baths

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by please08, Oct 8, 2008.

1. please08

please08 Dolly, Dinkie & The Bump

Ok girl's I've heard that baths are no good for the little swimmer's is this really true, cause when my OH comes home I always has his bath ready for him and we'd sit in the bathroom for the best part of an hour chatting about our day, tis like our time out place away from computer's tv any distractions but we were only on about it today should he refrain from having baths and stick with showers??????????????

Christ I'm full of questions tonight, just getting more and more anxious, hearing of more and more friends becoming Mummies, guess tis me getting really scared I'll be 29 in December :(

2. please08

Anyone???

3. lisalove

lisalove Well-Known Member

Well all I know is that the men should keep there lil fellas cool, so I guess hot baths are not the best. But in saying that, you use the time to be close after your long work days, so your stress levels are probably quite low which can also be a positive influence.

All in all, I dont really know. Just didnt want to leave you hanging for a response.

Good luck with your journey
    :hug:

4. Pumpkinb

Pumpkinb Proud parents!

5. LucyEmma

LucyEmma Well-Known Member

Its really hot baths that you have to avoid so having a bath is fine just dont have it too hot :D good luck xxx

6. butterflies

butterflies Well-Known Member

AFAIK its only really hot baths, i can't see a problem with a nice warm bath and a good old chin wag and relax together xx

7. Alexas Mommy

Alexas Mommy Well-Known Member

baths are fine, it is hot tubs that are the concern, since the water is constant in temperature. that being said, before i got pregnant with alexa, my oh and i always went to the gym for a swim, and at the end of the night relaxed in the hot tub for about a half an hour, and this was our bonding time. we did this pretty much every night. i asked my doctor if it would affect his swimmers and he said not at our age. low and behold we got pregnant! so i would not worry about it at all.

8. DaisyDuke

DaisyDuke Matilda Tasya's mum :)

My DH's GP has told him top stay away from baths. X

9. CareBear

CareBear Is considering whats next

Baths themselves shouldn't be a problem it will just be the temperature of the water, same with showers - don't have them too hot. I think if the water temperature raises your blood pressure then its too hot and could be doing harm. Hope this helps

10. please08

Thanks girls for all the help and as we speak he's in the bath haha told him enjoy it tis his last for this month anyway, no harm in trying :)

11. Visqueen

Visqueen mum to 2 beautiful girls

Ive heard its really hot baths, hot tubs and saunas that is bad for the sperm. play it safe make him have a cold shower :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

wake mr :spermy: up :rofl: :rofl: