BBC Panorama on antidepresants in pregnancy

charlie00134

Reaction score
I've just watched the end of Panorama on BBC about there being a possible link between SSRI anti-depressants and heart defects.
I'm on a non-SSRI and immediately googled the risk.
Wondering if people knew anything about this and what you thought.
I'm a mess atm without the drugs but I don't wanna cause any risks, I'd rather be anxious as crazy if it were going to cause a problem. :wacko:

Which medication are you on hun? I was on seroquel with one of my pregnancies. My doctor told me the benefits outweighed the risks. Good luck!

i was on fluoxetine and was told by my GP that they wouldnt cause issues in a pregnancy, although they'd put the dose as low as they could. although i decided not to try until i was confident off of them but that was a personal decision :)

I think you just have to make that decision with your doctor and base it off of your health. If you really need the medication, don't feel bad taking it. :)

I'm on Paroxetine while ttc. I can't come off them completely because I would spiral back into illness. I am down from 30mg to 15mg though. Took me over a year to do that!
My hubby wouldn't let me watch that programme as I would just freak myself out. There's nothing I can do about the medication so there is no point in me getting in a state over it. Other 'safer' anti depressants don't work for me unfortunately.
Doctor didn't seem concerned when I discussed ttc and being on paroxetine. He said my mental health is paramount. The positives outweigh the negatives.

I think it was more people not been aware, my doc looked mine up and it seemed okay at least. Just seemed odd people had no clue. For me the benefits outweigh the risks I think and I'm on the lowest dose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->